General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.
Moderators: XnTriq, xnview
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:33 am
the XNview Forum shows
XnView - Un*x
Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, Mac OS, ...)
But it must be Unix instead of Un*x
Windows XP SP3
- Posts: 2444
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:11 am
I think it's deliberately spelt that way as a bit of fun.
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
XnViewMP and Classic and PhotoFiltre Studio X
- Posts: 4441
- Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
- Location: Bordeaux, France
- Maybe too to avoid problems with the owner of that name ? It has been recovered and registered…
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice •
- Posts: 8174
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
The idea behind "Un*x" is to emphasize that this is not just Unix, but Linux, HP UX, MAC OSX, ...
Then it should be used a popular name : *nix