Plugins

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Plugins

Post by xnview » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:33 pm

ECCX25519 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:15 am
Yes I deleted the plugin; I tried reinstalling the HEIC and HEVC plugins from MS store then reinstalling Xnview
Windows 10 x64?
Pierre.

ECCX25519

Post by ECCX25519 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Yep Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 with latest updates, I checked with another pc, seems like there's something wrong with my laptop. Thanks for the help tho :)

Nabor

Post by Nabor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 pm

With Linx Mint 20 I have installed libheif1 heif-thumpnailer and heif-gdk-pixbuf.
I can see Thumbnails of my *.heic images in Nemo and I'm able to open the images with Xviewer the default image viewer.

Is there a chance that XnView MP can use this libraries and also support heif images :?:

Tim

HEIF, HEIC in Linux

Post by Tim » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi Pierre,

Xnview is for me since many years the best software to view, rename and organize my photos and 2020/2021 seems to be the years where HEIF and HEIC comes into the cameras like the new Canon Full-Frame-Cameras or the new Sony A3S ... many mobiles seem to support the format, but there are many different aspects between the formats like 8 and 10 bit, different color profiles, different gamma curves like PQ, HLG ...

I know its a bit rude to wish things for a software which i can use for free but i hope that full HEIF HEIC support will be in xnview in the near future or that its one of the top points in the xnview-roadmap.

If Xnview shows HEIF / HEIC files with the correct color profile and metadata on windows and linux a switch from jpeg to heic is possible, if the addon would cost anything because of license fees i would accept it ...

Thank you for your hard work in the last years ...

Tim

kneemuh

Re: HEIF, HEIC in Linux

Post by kneemuh » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Tim wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:53 pm
Hi Pierre,

Xnview is for me since many years the best software to view, rename and organize my photos and 2020/2021 seems to be the years where HEIF and HEIC comes into the cameras like the new Canon Full-Frame-Cameras or the new Sony A3S ... many mobiles seem to support the format, but there are many different aspects between the formats like 8 and 10 bit, different color profiles, different gamma curves like PQ, HLG ...

I know its a bit rude to wish things for a software which i can use for free but i hope that full HEIF HEIC support will be in xnview in the near future or that its one of the top points in the xnview-roadmap.

If Xnview shows HEIF / HEIC files with the correct color profile and metadata on windows and linux a switch from jpeg to heic is possible, if the addon would cost anything because of license fees i would accept it ...

Thank you for your hard work in the last years ...

Tim
I would like to echo Tim's statement and emphasize the importance of this, especially with the impending Canon and Sony launches that Tim referenced. I have placed my own pre-order for the a7S III and look forward to capturing HEIF 10-bit 4:2:2.