List of missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

helmut

Re: List of missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Post by helmut »

gleepglop wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:47 pm
xnview wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am
gleepglop wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:21 pm So there's still no auto crop? :( XnView can't open files with Unicode filenames, but XnViewMP can't do all the things XnView can do? I wish there were just one program that did everything. :(
you have 'auto crop' in batch convert. Which things XnViewMP can't do?
Is that the same thing? You can auto crop the image you are looking at by pressing Alt-Y with this feature?
I've just looked up in XnView MP 099.7 and in Batch processing the action "Image > Automatic crop" is available. In XnView MP it even has some more options than in XnView Classic. So from what I can see "Automatic crop" is fine.
But what is still missing is automatic crop in image view mode which is triggered with menu "Image > Automatic crop... (Ctrl+Y)" in XnView Classic. I've just added this to the list in the initial post.
helmut

Re: List of missing features (compared to XnView Classic)

Post by helmut »

Based on XnView MP 0.99.7 I've just updated the list of missing features - see initial post.

For the following features I need your help. Reason is that I'm not quite sure what is exactly meant or missing so I cannot verify myself.

Current status unknown - to be clarified
• "Next subfolder" and "Previous subfolder" options, see http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=35183 Note: In XnView Classic 2.50.4 nothing happens when pressing Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown.
• Acquire from scanner or camera (Linux/Ubuntu) (see ikletti's and berniz95's post)
• "Never ask again" in "Save change file" message box. (Note: Not clear whether this should be implemented in XnView MP, see discussions here.)
• Plug-in support for many formats in Windows 64-bit, Mac and Linux versions. (see cday's post)
• Fullscreen: Not "Play first file from next folder" (see mtness's post) Note: Where can this setting be found in XnView Classic?

Some features won't make it into XnView MP and are deprecated:

Deprecated features
• View in Hex mode (see Helmut's post)
• Sequence convert (see Helmut's post)
• Create Slide show > Creation of .exe files
• Create Web Page

If you should find a feature that is missing in XnView MP 0.99.7 and isn't listed in the initial post, yet, then it's a good time to post it here.