0.85 x86: Reload doesn't reload Comment for view.

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Dominius

0.85 x86: Reload doesn't reload Comment for view.

Postby Dominius » Thu May 11, 2017 4:27 pm

I have {Comment} as the last tag visible in ordinary window mode and Full-screen. When I write a JPEG comment to a file fro the command line (usually Exiftool 10.10) with XnView running, then select "Reload" from the File menu, I don't see the new Comment. But I do in the Browser. Am I missing some dependencies, or is it a bug in the application?

I installed MP from the repos using apt-get. Some time afterward, I installed something that UN-installed quite a few items, some of which looked vaguely graphics-related. This is why I ask the first question now.

Dominius.

xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.85 x86: Reload doesn't reload Comment for view.

Postby xnview » Tue May 16, 2017 2:22 pm

you means the 'Info'? I can't reproduce, when reloading the image, info is updated
Pierre.

Dominius

Postby Dominius » Sat May 27, 2017 2:15 pm

xnview wrote:you means the 'Info'? I can't reproduce, when reloading the image, info is updated

It used to, and is Supposed To, reload it in viewer when I <File><Reload> the image. It doesn't do that. Why it would appear instantly in Browser mode is something I can't explain either. This still happens after I've purged and reinstalled 0.85 from the repos.

D.

Dominius

Postby Dominius » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:30 pm

This same flaw persists in .86. "Open" pictures do not update with comments/new comments written from the command line, when "File>Reload is 'run,' but pictures left "closed" in the Browser (or the same picture/s as seen in the Browser) will update with the changed/new comments if i click "View>Rebuild thumbnails." This is very frustrating, and I can't see why this last action should be necessary, as gthumb (version 3.4.3) has no problem instantly updating this field.

D.

xnview
Author of XnView

Postby xnview » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 am

Dominius wrote:This same flaw persists in .86. "Open" pictures do not update with comments/new comments written from the command line, when "File>Reload is 'run,' but pictures left "closed" in the Browser (or the same picture/s as seen in the Browser) will update with the changed/new comments if i click "View>Rebuild thumbnails." This is very frustrating, and I can't see why this last action should be necessary, as gthumb (version 3.4.3) has no problem instantly updating this field.

You open a picture file in edit mode, change the comment outside XnView, and choose File>Reload, and comment is not changed?
Pierre.

Dominius

Postby Dominius » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:14 pm

xnview wrote:
Dominius wrote:This same flaw persists in .86. "Open" pictures do not update with comments/new comments written from the command line, when "File>Reload is 'run,' but pictures left "closed" in the Browser (or the same picture/s as seen in the Browser) will update with the changed/new comments if i click "View>Rebuild thumbnails." This is very frustrating, and I can't see why this last action should be necessary, as gthumb (version 3.4.3) has no problem instantly updating this field.

You open a picture file in edit mode, change the comment outside XnView, and choose File>Reload, and comment is not changed?

Exactly.

xnview
Author of XnView

Postby xnview » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:42 am

do you have tried the 0.87 beta?
Pierre.

Return to “MP - General Support”