Clearing entries from the Search "Pathname" dropdown

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

GarryF

Clearing entries from the Search "Pathname" dropdown

Post by GarryF »

Hi, I have recently downloaded, and started to use, XnViewMP on my mac, migrating and re-organising all my images from Photos.
As part of the re-org I have used search quite extensively, and I have a question regarding the search pathname dropdown option.
I feel as I am missing something obvious, but how do I clear the entries from the "Pathname dropdown". I'm sure there must be a straightforward solution, but I am going around in circles trying to find it.
Many thanks for any help and guidance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helmut

Re: Clearing entries from the Search "Pathname" dropdown

Post by helmut »

Welcome to the XnView forum and thank you for registering here, GarryF. From what I can see, there's no way to reset the list using XnView's user interface. You can purge lists of most recently directories and folders in Tools > Settings | Interface | Interface | by clicking on "Purge now" but unfortunately this doesn't purge the list of most recently searched folders. :bug:

By default XnView stores all its settings in a config file named "xnview.ini". What you can do is editing the config file and in section [Search] you can edit the entry "folder".

Code: Select all

[Search]
folder=C:/Folder1, D:/Folder1, D:/Folder2
Please see FAQ "Info about XnView's settings (store & load)" for more details on configuration files.
GarryF

Post by GarryF »

Hi Helmut
Many thanks for the feedback, and the suggestion re editing the ".ini" file, I'm sure that the answer for now. Also I feel a little better now knowing I haven't completely lost it :)
helmut

Post by helmut »

Thanks for your feedback, GarryF. Good to read that the workaround does work for you. :)