How to add a checkmark tag in image view?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview

pulancho

How to add a checkmark tag in image view?

Post by pulancho »

I am using 1.00 on an M1 Mac. I see how to add a checkmark tag to a photo in the browser, but I cannot find how to add a checkmark tag to a photo in the image view mode. In the image view mode is when I can clearly see a photo, zoom in, etc. to determine whether I want to add a checkmark tag as a mark for deletion or something else later.
helmut

Re: How to add a checkmark tag in image view?

Post by helmut »

Hmm, in XnView MP on Windows, keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + T for tagging/untagging. One can see the tagging status in the info ("i" for showing/hiding info). I've no idea whether Ctrl + T also works on an M1 Mac.

BTW: In image view mode I can't find a menu item for tagging/untagging - is there any?
pulancho

Post by pulancho »

helmut wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am Hmm, in XnView MP on Windows, keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + T for tagging/untagging. One can see the tagging status in the info ("i" for showing/hiding info). I've no idea whether Ctrl + T also works on an M1 Mac.
Thank you for that tip. I just now tried it using Cmd + T and that worked. Unfortunately, while in image view I do not see any indication that I have created a tag. When I go back to the browser though I see the tag checkmark.
helmut wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am BTW: In image view mode I can't find a menu item for tagging/untagging - is there any?
I cannot find anything either.
helmut

Post by helmut »

pulancho wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 am...Thank you for that tip. I just now tried it using Cmd + T and that worked.
Good to read that Ctrl + T works on your M1 Mac, too.
pulancho wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 amUnfortunately, while in image view I do not see any indication that I have created a tag. When I go back to the browser though I see the tag checkmark.
With "View > Show information" (or "i" key) you should be able to show/hide information about the current image. By default, the info displays directory and filename and tag status; you can set contents displayed in the info in Tools > Settings | View | Info
pulancho wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:20 am
helmut wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 am BTW: In image view mode I can't find a menu item for tagging/untagging - is there any?
To me it looks as if menu items for tagging have been forgotten in image view mode, both in XnView MP and Classic.
pulancho

Post by pulancho »

Thank you for the additional information.

I have been using an outstanding free program called Faststone on my various Windows PCs for over 15 years:

https://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Unfortunately, it is not available for Macs. :(
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

there is no menu, but you have hotkey for it, please check Settings>Interface>Shortcuts - viewer mode
Pierre.