Because the scope (root folder) of the Search dialog is a drowp-down list and the Network node has almost always problems in Qt/Windows environments (both Windows & Qt are to blame), the Search dialog cannot be used on netwrok / LAN.
Please change that drop-down list with a simple drop-down with history like in Move To.../Copy To... dialog.
- it will work anywhere
- the program can simply paste the current path there (now it doesn't work in LAN unless the hidden setting ExpandOnLan is set)
- the user can simple paste any path he wants (eg. from explorer)
- the last searched folder(s) can be easily chosen.
- we can have easily a button with favorites like in Move To.../Copy To... dialogs
- the same GUI, the same UX (user experience)
- smaller, easier code.
Bugs which have been reproduced by a second user or the developer
1 post • Page 1 of 1