Can't open EPS files?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 43828
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Problems with EPS-files

Post by xnview »

avryabov wrote:I setup AFPL Ghostscript 8.54, but eps files in Xnview still show only tiff icon.
GSview work well.
What I do wrong?
Myabe, I must use previos vervion of Ghostscript?
Could you post the eps?
Pierre.
avryabov
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am

Re: Problems with EPS-files

Post by avryabov »

xnview wrote: Could you post the eps?
Sure.
http://www2.osp.ru/~artem/t1.zip
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 43828
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Problems with EPS-files

Post by xnview »

avryabov wrote:
xnview wrote: Could you post the eps?
Sure.
http://www2.osp.ru/~artem/t1.zip
I can view it with xnview 1.91.4 and AFPL gs 8.54
Pierre.
avryabov
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am

Re: Problems with EPS-files

Post by avryabov »

xnview wrote: I can view it with xnview 1.91.4 and AFPL gs 8.54
I can view only at resolution 252x356.
(no reaction to tools/options/ read... / read / eps.../ DPI )
My xnview 1.91.4 and AFPL gs 8.54.
but before I try to use GPL gs 8.60
Maybe xnview can't find gs?
There is a way to check this?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 43828
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Problems with EPS-files

Post by xnview »

avryabov wrote:
xnview wrote: I can view it with xnview 1.91.4 and AFPL gs 8.54
I can view only at resolution 252x356.
(no reaction to tools/options/ read... / read / eps.../ DPI )
My xnview 1.91.4 and AFPL gs 8.54.
but before I try to use GPL gs 8.60
Maybe xnview can't find gs?
There is a way to check this?
Ok, right, i've found a bug...
Pierre.
avryabov
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am

Re: Problems with EPS-files

Post by avryabov »

xnview wrote: Ok, right, i've found a bug...
Good. I waiting new version.
avryabov
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am

Post by avryabov »

New version (1.91.5) work good.
Thank you for bugfix!
badongm

no thumbnails appear

Post by badongm »

It would be nice if for eps files XNView would display thumbnails instead of window's default icon for a generic file and in addition to the one-file-at-a-time preview. I have XNView 1.52. Ghostscript is 8.54
bkf1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 am

Post by bkf1 »

Hello all,
I'm just wondering what version of Ghostscript I should install. E.g. GPL version has no fonts but it's newer version (v8.63) and AFPL has some fonts but it is older version (v8.53) so what version should I install?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 43828
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Post by xnview »

I use AFPL 8.54
Pierre.
Guest

Post by Guest »

xnview wrote:I use AFPL 8.54
Hi. I was a bit surprised when xnview didn't display EPS (I guess I never tried it before). Clearly a case of no ghostscript on my W2K box. I had it on an OS/2 box before, because the last AcroReader 3 for OS/2 was prehistoric.

For W2K I already have an actual (8.1.2 ?) Acroreader, and won't try to add ghostscript just to view EPS files less than once per year. I think this prerequisite should be mentioned on the "supported formats" http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pierre.g/xn ... rmats.html page in the EPS row, please add the same icon as in the EPI and PDF rows.

Frank
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

Anonymous wrote:...I think this prerequisite should be mentioned on the "supported formats" http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pierre.g/xn ... rmats.html page in the EPS row, please add the same icon as in the EPI and PDF rows.
You're right, there should be a symbol in the EPS row indicating that Ghostscript is required. Thanks for this hint, Frank. :-)
Guest

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to save a fila as .eps?
Apart of ghostScript.... do i need something else?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 43828
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Is it possible to save a fila as .eps?
Apart of ghostScript.... do i need something else?
No, eps saving is not possible.
Pierre.