B2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

B2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Post by marsh »

This one is related to tag function:
1. Tag one file in a subdirectory.
2. Use up icon to move to parent directory.
3. Select batch convert with <ctrl + U>
4. *Now all files in original subdirectory are placed batch convert's listing.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36866
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: b2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Post by xnview »

marsh wrote:This one is related to tag function:
1. Tag one file in a subdirectory.
2. Use up icon to move to parent directory.
3. Select batch convert with <ctrl + U>
4. *Now all files in original subdirectory are placed batch convert's listing.
Because you have no more selected or tagged files... When you quit the current folder, tagged files are removed...
Pierre.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: B2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Post by helmut »

marsh wrote:4. *Now all files in original subdirectory are placed batch convert's listing.
I cannot reproduce this problem, neither with Beta 2 nor with Beta 3. For me, after step 3 the convert's file listing is empty, which is correct.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: B2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Post by marsh »

helmut wrote:
marsh wrote:4. *Now all files in original subdirectory are placed batch convert's listing.
I cannot reproduce this problem, neither with Beta 2 nor with Beta 3. For me, after step 3 the convert's file listing is empty, which is correct.
Perhaps you have discovered a Win2k vs. XP issue then.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: B2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Post by helmut »

marsh wrote:Perhaps you have discovered a Win2k vs. XP issue then.
I've just tried on Windows 98 (which is related to Win2k) but could not reproduce the problem either.

Could you please check option "If no files are selected ..." in Tools > Options > General > Misc. ? My setting is "None" for both "Slide show" and "Convert.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Re: B2: Wrong files used for batch convert.

Post by marsh »

helmut wrote:
marsh wrote:Perhaps you have discovered a Win2k vs. XP issue then.
I've just tried on Windows 98 (which is related to Win2k) but could not reproduce the problem either.

Could you please check option "If no files are selected ..." in Tools > Options > General > Misc. ? My setting is "None" for both "Slide show" and "Convert.
Same setting (None) for me. The setting works as expected in 'slideshow'.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Post by marsh »

Nevermind. My error.
----->Closed.