RC5: Double-click on non-image file locks up Xnview

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Locked
kaptainkory
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 4:59 am

RC5: Double-click on non-image file locks up Xnview

Post by kaptainkory » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:43 pm

From browser view, when double-clicking a file that is not an image, Xnview completely locks up. I've tested this on both a .zip file and an Excel file with the same result. (Both of these test files were about 1MB each.)

User avatar
Clo
XnThusiast
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Bordeaux, France
Contact:

Yes, but…

Post by Clo » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:49 pm

:) Hello !
- Confirmed here under Win 98 SE.
- However, I can undo the lock-up with the “ESC” key, then close XnView normally…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:19 pm

Confirmed.

Only with double click, not with Enter.

Also after next start Preview and Folder tree are shrinked.
Dreamer

kaptainkory
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 4:59 am

Post by kaptainkory » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:10 am

A couple of other things I noticed with non-image files... (Perhaps a more thorough bug hunt is in order?)

Select a non-image file in Browser. Then try these:

* Tools -> Set as Wallpaper = Several options are NOT grayed out. At least they don't do anything either.

* Tools -> Slide Show... Press OK. = Error message continues to appear when you press OK; must press CANCEL to escape out.

Looks like some other things probably should be grayed out, too, but I'll leave it to someone else to suggest others...

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33205
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC5: Double-click on non-image file locks up Xnview

Post by xnview » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:15 am

kaptainkory wrote:From browser view, when double-clicking a file that is not an image, Xnview completely locks up. I've tested this on both a .zip file and an Excel file with the same result. (Both of these test files were about 1MB each.)
Yes, right...
Pierre.

kaptainkory
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 4:59 am

Post by kaptainkory » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:52 pm

FIXED

The issues with "Set as Wallpaper" and "Slide Show..." still exist, but you may not consider these a problem.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:01 pm

kaptainkory wrote:FIXED
Confirmed.
kaptainkory wrote:The issues with "Set as Wallpaper" and "Slide Show..." still exist, but you may not consider these a problem.
Please explain, or create new topic in "New/Open" forum and let me know (here) - then I could move this one to "Closed/Solved" forum. Thanks.

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8211
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:03 am

Dreamer wrote:...
kaptainkory wrote:The issues with "Set as Wallpaper" and "Slide Show..." still exist, but you may not consider these a problem.
Please explain, or create new topic in "New/Open" forum and let me know (here) - then I could move this one to "Closed/Solved" forum. Thanks.
There's a new topic "REQ: Menus not greyed out for non-image files".

Locked