File size became horrible after "Create Multipage"

Discussions on NConvert - the command line tool for image conversion and manipulation

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
Guest

File size became horrible after "Create Multipage"

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:21 am

Hi all,

I liked the "create multipage" feature very much. But the filesize after convert seems unacceptable. I tried to merge two jpg below 150KB to a tiff and became 5MB. How can I compress the size? Please advise. Thanks a lot.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: File size became horrible after "Create Multipage&q

Post by xnview » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:38 am

Guest wrote:I liked the "create multipage" feature very much. But the filesize after convert seems unacceptable. I tried to merge two jpg below 150KB to a tiff and became 5MB. How can I compress the size? Please advise. Thanks a lot.
Use Compression
Pierre.

Guest

Cannot found the compress function

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:00 am

Hi Pierre

I cannot found the compress function in the menu, can you kindly tell me more details for this. Thanks a lot.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Cannot found the compress function

Post by xnview » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:53 am

Guest wrote:I cannot found the compress function in the menu, can you kindly tell me more details for this. Thanks a lot.
Use -c 1 or -c 2.
Pierre.

Guest

use -c 1 or - c 2???

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:35 am

Hi Pierre,

Sorry, are we talking the same language? I'm using Xnview for Windows XP. Where is the -c 1 or - c 2? Can you please guide me from the menu bar such as File or Tools? Thanks anyway.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: use -c 1 or - c 2???

Post by xnview » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:17 am

Guest wrote:Hi Pierre,
Sorry, are we talking the same language? I'm using Xnview for Windows XP. Where is the -c 1 or - c 2? Can you please guide me from the menu bar such as File or Tools? Thanks anyway.
But you are in the NConvert group :-) In XnView, use options/Write/Tiff
Pierre.

guest

Thank you but ...

Post by guest » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:37 am

Hi Pierre,

Thanks. I saw two option under TIFF:

Colour options: None, Packbits, LZW, LZW+Predict., ZIP, JPEG
Binary options: None, Packbits, LZW, ZIP, CCITT G3, CCITT G3-2D, CCITT G4

But can't see "c 1" or "c 2", please help if possible. Thanks a lot.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Thank you but ...

Post by xnview » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:41 am

guest wrote:Hi Pierre,

Thanks. I saw two option under TIFF:

Colour options: None, Packbits, LZW, LZW+Predict., ZIP, JPEG
Binary options: None, Packbits, LZW, ZIP, CCITT G3, CCITT G3-2D, CCITT G4

But can't see "c 1" or "c 2", please help if possible. Thanks a lot.
Here is, use LZW for example.
Pierre.

Guest

Working much better

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:39 am

Dear Pierre,

It works much better now. I tried several combination with 2 jpeg in 1xxKB, the result of create multipage is around 1.3MB. Do you have any idea to compress the TIFF in the ideal size? Or, just give me some hints about the compression parameter such as LZW ...

BTW, thank you very much.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31891
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Working much better

Post by xnview » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:12 pm

Guest wrote:Dear Pierre,

It works much better now. I tried several combination with 2 jpeg in 1xxKB, the result of create multipage is around 1.3MB. Do you have any idea to compress the TIFF in the ideal size? Or, just give me some hints about the compression parameter such as LZW ...
If original file are jpeg, use jpeg compression for TIFF
Pierre.

guest

Thank you

Post by guest » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:46 pm

Hi Pierre,

You're really helpful. Thank you very much.

Post Reply