Problem with Fedora 27

XnConvert Multi Platform - Windows, MacOSX, Linux
junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:34 am

Good morning,

it seems that the rpm packages don't work at all with Fedora 27:

- the 32 bit package has a problem of conflict with another package filesystem;
- the 64 bit package has a problem in finding a strange libqt5 file that I couldn't even find on the internete;
- the tgz packages don't work at all: I try them from the command line but nothing happens.


Is there any solution?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:53 am

junker wrote: - the tgz packages don't work at all: I try them from the command line but nothing happens.
what's happened if you try 'xnconvert.sh'?
Pierre.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:33 am

xnview wrote:
junker wrote: - the tgz packages don't work at all: I try them from the command line but nothing happens.
what's happened if you try 'xnconvert.sh'?
Nothing happens.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 am

in a console?
Pierre.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:43 pm

xnview wrote:in a console?
I tried through terminal/command line... but nothing happens.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:14 pm

what do you have if you type ./xnview.sh?
Pierre.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:01 am

xnview wrote:what do you have if you type ./xnview.sh?
Nothing happens again.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 am

junker wrote:
xnview wrote:what do you have if you type ./xnview.sh?
Nothing happens again.
no error? no message?
Pierre.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 pm

xnview wrote:
junker wrote:
xnview wrote:what do you have if you type ./xnview.sh?
Nothing happens again.
no error? no message?
Just nothing... no error nor message.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:25 am

Now the problem of that strange qt file is solved... but it returned the problem of conflicts in filesystem... so XnConvert isn't still usable...

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am

junker wrote:Now the problem of that strange qt file is solved... but it returned the problem of conflicts in filesystem... so XnConvert isn't still usable...
which conflicts?
Pierre.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm

The message by Gnome Software is:

Error running transaction: file / from install of xnconvert-1.76-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from filesystem-3.3-3.fc27.x86_64 file /usr/bin from install of xnconvert-1.76-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from filesystem-3.3-3.fc27.x86_64

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:14 pm

junker wrote:The message by Gnome Software is:

Error running transaction: file / from install of xnconvert-1.76-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from filesystem-3.3-3.fc27.x86_64 file /usr/bin from install of xnconvert-1.76-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from filesystem-3.3-3.fc27.x86_64
Do you have tried the TGZ version?
Pierre.

junker
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by junker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:32 pm

xnview wrote:
junker wrote:The message by Gnome Software is:

Error running transaction: file / from install of xnconvert-1.76-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from filesystem-3.3-3.fc27.x86_64 file /usr/bin from install of xnconvert-1.76-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from filesystem-3.3-3.fc27.x86_64
Do you have tried the TGZ version?
Of course, nothing happens. It's the same problem as with previous Fedora versions.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29572
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Problem with Fedora 27

Post by xnview » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:58 am

i've installed Fedora 27 x64, and no problem to start XnView from TGZ package
Pierre.

Post Reply