shortcut key Ctrl+shift+0 doesn't work

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Nimrodel

shortcut key Ctrl+shift+0 doesn't work

Post by Nimrodel » Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Hello,
sorry, it is a very small thing but I cannot solve it: the shortcut key to remove the color category (Ctrl+shift+0) doesn't work with me... thanks in advance for help!

helmut

Re: shortcut key Ctrl+shift+0 doesn't work

Post by helmut » Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 am

Thank you for your support request, Nimrodel.

Did you assign various shortcuts yourself? If you didn't, could you please try and reset your keyboard assignements ("default.key") as described in topic MP: How to reset program configuration?

Nimrodel

Post by Nimrodel » Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am

Hello,
Thank you for your answer!
I didn't modify the shortcuts, except when it already didn't work and I tried to change it. Now I also did delete "default.key" as described. But still, this one shortcut doesn't work..

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 am

in browser mode?
Pierre.

GeorgD

Post by GeorgD » Tue May 22, 2018 8:42 pm

xnview wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 am
in browser mode?
For me, it's in browser and viewer mode - but only on 2 of my 3 machines. It's not only depending on keyboard layout/language, as all machines have the same, but I guess it is something in this direction.
On 1 machine (Win 7), default works fine. On 2nd machine (Win 7), default does not work but I can assign e.g. shortcut Ctrl+Shift+9 to "uncolored" and it works. On 3rd machine (Win 10 laptop), default does not work and neither the other numbers, i.e. when I am in Settings > Interface > Shortcuts and press Ctrl+Shift+9 in "custom" field, Ctrl+Shift+) is shown - on my DE keyboard layout, Shift+9 produces ) so maybe it has to do with how a machine fetches the pressed keys in combination with modifier Shift. BTW, Crtl+0 is no problem on any of my machines, so it seems only to interfere with Shift.

Happy bug hunting ;) and if I can help somehow, just tell me how. Georg
In the XnView Wiki, you can improve the user guide / documentation / F1-help for XnView (classic/Windows) and for XnViewMP

isjustaghost

Post by isjustaghost » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:10 pm

It does the same for me. However, it does it in both browser and view. I found it easier to use the ctrl+alt combo. It allows the use of the number pad.

What I have found. Pressing ctrl+shift recognizes that Shift is pressed. Therefore the buttons switch to the shifted version (on numpad, shift+1 eq. end.)
ctrl+shift+0 (above the keyboard) does not register in settings. Had to select "default" in order to change it back.