I have been doing some testing with XnView MP Windows Version 0.96.2 64bits (zipped version); and have come up some 'questions', 'problems' and 'bugs'. And I fear submitting so many is just going to piss-off Pierre.
P.S.: I hope not. My apologies if I do, Pierre.
XnView appears to have two separate fullscreen views:
- VIEW mode --> FULLSCREEN [VIEW and FULLSCREEN share the same 'Show Info' state]
- BROWSER --> FULLSCREEN [has its own private 'Show Info' state; and can use the optional 2nd monitor]
- SETTINGS>View>Info 'Always in fullscreen'
- SETTINGS>View>Fullscreen>Fullscreen 'Show Info'
- FULLSCREEN-->VIEW mode: clears 'show info' state
- FULLSCREEN-->BROWSER: clears 'show info' state
- BROWSER<->VIEW mode: 'Show Info' state toggles ON|OFF on each successive use
And if you then switch to FULLSCREEN; the 'Info' state is also toggled (since they share the 'Show Info' state variable)
For myself: I would like one 'show Info' state for VIEW mode; and one for FULLSCREEN mode. Both being persistent across restarts.
Which would make both SETTINGS redundant.
...but is that what others would want???