Automatically refresh Uncategorized

Bugs which have been reproduced by a second user or the developer, or features to do

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview, Dreamer

bezhukov

Automatically refresh Uncategorized

Post by bezhukov »

Hello,

I'd like to have the Uncategorized view refresh automatically as I tag items, or at least on refresh (F5).

Is that possible?

Currently, F5 leaves newly categorized items in the Uncategorized view. The only fix I have is select "Special Items/All", then back to Uncategorized.

Thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Automatically refresh Uncategorized

Post by xnview »

you means that if you use 'Uncategorized', and tag some items, they stay here?
Pierre.
Phil_Rose

Post by Phil_Rose »

I agree and I'd like to see that for all categories so, for instance, if I have the filter set to Uncolored and it shows all my files (as they are all uncolored) and then I color one of them Blue (for instance) I then have to hit the drop down for filter and hit Uncolored again to update the view. ACDSee and Exposure X5 both automatically and immediately remove an updated image from a view upon change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

yes need to update following the filter
Pierre.
bezhukov

Post by bezhukov »

you means that if you use 'Uncategorized', and tag some items, they stay here?
Correct. I guess it makes sense as long as the pictures are still selected, though ideally a refresh would deselect and hide if the filter is Uncategorized and you just added categories to selected, then Refresh.

As it is I have to select Tags or All under Special Items, then reselect Uncategorized. Then the newly categorized disappear.

This is XnView MP Linux Version 0.99.7 64bits (Jan 13 2022)