Disable Quit on Esc

Bugs which have been reproduced by a second user or the developer, or features to do

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview, Dreamer

evolut1010

Disable Quit on Esc

Post by evolut1010 »

I have Startup set to Normal & Interface>Keyboard>'Pressing Esc once quits XnViewMp' to Never. Yet when I open an image and hit esc XnView closes. My desired behavior is that esc should do nothing if not in fullscreen mode (the standard behavior of 99% of other programs (chrome, vlc, firefox, notepad, photoshop, word, etc.)), or alternatively open the current tab/image in the Browser. It is very unnatural for esc to close an application without warning. It the very least there should be a one-time 'Do you want to quit?/Remember my answer?' dialog if people want to keep this behavior. I understand esc is acceptable to close windows that are fullscreen, but not to quit a windowed application.

This posts alludes to a hidden setting in classic but does not mention how to enable it or if it is available in MP viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17078&p=163032&hilit=esc#p163032.
Franky

Re: Disable Quit on Esc

Post by Franky »

It's in Settings/Interface/Keyboard
XnView MP - Paramètre ESC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evolut1010

Post by evolut1010 »

I specifically mentioned that I have Interface>Keyboard>'Pressing Esc once quits XnViewMp' set to Never. That option is only used when opening XnView directly, not when double clicking an image which opens XnView in 'normal' mode.
helmut

Post by helmut »

EDIT: I've just retried and reread your post. The key to reproduce the behaviour is setting "General | General | Mode when starting with a file: "Normal". When using this setting I could reproduce your problem. Not 100% sure but to me this looks like a bug. :bug:
___

Thank you for your problem report, evolut1010. I've just tried out using XnView MP 0.99.7 on Windows 10 and experienced the following behaviour:

1. Start Windows Explorer and browse a folder with JPEG image files.
2. Double-click in JPEG image file. (Previously, XnView MP was associated to JPEG files).
3. XnView MP starts and image is shown in Fullscreen.
4. I press "Esc".
--> Fullscreen is closed and XnView switches to browser mode.

I've changed various settings (e.g. deactivated "Launch browser at startup") but I couldn't reproduce the behaviour that you describe above. Could you perhaps try and reset your XnView configuration (see topic MP: How to reset program configuration)?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce
Pierre.