RC3: LMB+Wheel to zoom in/out in fullscreen mode

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Olive
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Marseille
Contact:

Post by Olive » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:34 pm

lol I use my forefinger for LMB and Wheel, and my middle finger only for RMB. RMB+wheel may be more convenient for me then - but only without the popup!

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:28 pm

Olive wrote:lol I use my forefinger for LMB and Wheel, and my middle finger only for RMB. RMB+wheel may be more convenient for me then - but only without the popup!
Yes, RMB would be better, for most users I think...

Pierre, if you cannot fix it, try to simulate LMB click after "RMB+x" action(s) :wink:

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31255
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:52 pm

Dreamer wrote:
Olive wrote:lol I use my forefinger for LMB and Wheel, and my middle finger only for RMB. RMB+wheel may be more convenient for me then - but only without the popup!
Yes, RMB would be better, for most users I think...

Pierre, if you cannot fix it, try to simulate LMB click after "RMB+x" action(s) :wink:
It's very difficult.
For RMB + wheel, if you don't want popup menu, you must click first in wheel, RMB down, RMB up, wheel up.
I can't do other thing :-(
Pierre.

Danny
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Post by Danny » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:00 pm

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
Olive wrote:lol I use my forefinger for LMB and Wheel, and my middle finger only for RMB. RMB+wheel may be more convenient for me then - but only without the popup!
Yes, RMB would be better, for most users I think...

Pierre, if you cannot fix it, try to simulate LMB click after "RMB+x" action(s) :wink:
It's very difficult.
For RMB + wheel, if you don't want popup menu, you must click first in wheel, RMB down, RMB up, wheel up.
I can't do other thing :-(
That's a bad, clumsy interface decision. I'd use LMB + wheel for it - problem solved.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31255
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:11 pm

Danny wrote:That's a bad, clumsy interface decision. I'd use LMB + wheel for it - problem solved.
So anyone agree with LMB + Wheel??
Pierre.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:54 am

xnview wrote:
Danny wrote:That's a bad, clumsy interface decision. I'd use LMB + wheel for it - problem solved.
So anyone agree with LMB + Wheel??
OK (also other MB+x options - lock, reset), but don't remove current RMB+x options. It's not so bad because you need to move an image with LMB...

Maybe an option "Disable the Context menu (in all fullscreen modes)" could help...

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:26 pm

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
Olive wrote:lol I use my forefinger for LMB and Wheel, and my middle finger only for RMB. RMB+wheel may be more convenient for me then - but only without the popup!
Yes, RMB would be better, for most users I think...

Pierre, if you cannot fix it, try to simulate LMB click after "RMB+x" action(s) :wink:
It's very difficult.
For RMB + wheel, if you don't want popup menu, you must click first in wheel, RMB down, RMB up, wheel up.
I can't do other thing :-(
There is such feature in Avant Browser - and it works fine there - context menu is not shown, strange. But we know (at least) that it is possible to fix it, just don't know how :(

Pierre, could you add/change also this, please:
Also for "- Reset size and position - RMB+LBM" could you use the same option as "Auto Image Size" instead of "100%" ?

Or even better - for "RMB+LMB" use:
- after 1st click - "Fit image to window, all ... / "
- after 2nd click - "Original size - 100% ... * "
- after 3rd click - "Fit image to window, all ... / "
...


With this option there would be no need to use Numpad keys at all.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 pm

Not fixed in RC5.

Pierre, please read my post above... (idea and minor request)

Moved back to "New/Open"

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31255
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:59 am

Dreamer wrote:Not fixed in RC5.
What is not fixed, sorry but this a long thread...
Pierre, please read my post above... (idea and minor request)
Not for 1.80
Pierre.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:50 pm

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Not fixed in RC5.
What is not fixed, sorry but this a long thread...
No problem :wink: - LMB+Wheel (up/down to zoom +/-) doesn't work in RC5.

I don't know if you tried to fix also "context menu problem", if so, it's not fixed too.
xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Pierre, please read my post above... (idea and minor request)
Not for 1.80
OK

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31255
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:29 pm

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Not fixed in RC5.
What is not fixed, sorry but this a long thread...
No problem :wink: - LMB+Wheel (up/down to zoom +/-) doesn't work in RC5.
Ok, i add it
Pierre.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:39 pm

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote: What is not fixed, sorry but this a long thread...
No problem :wink: - LMB+Wheel (up/down to zoom +/-) doesn't work in RC5.
Ok, i add it
LMB+Wheel option added in RC6.

RMB+x options - context menu problem - postponed (Pierre please confirm or move to "Postponed" immediately).

ckit
XnThusiast
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:11 am

Post by ckit » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:12 pm

LMB+Wheel option works fine in the latest version of XnView 1.80.
It's not easy to use but there are no problems with it.

Post Reply