Double click to open in associated program?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

gouache

Double click to open in associated program?

Post by gouache »

Sorry for a dumb question but I cannot work out how to do this :mrgreen: , I just want to double click an image or video file, and it will open in the associated program?
cday
XnThusiast

Re: Double click to open in associated program?

Post by cday »

gouache wrote:Sorry for a dumb question but I cannot work out how to do this :mrgreen: , I just want to double click an image or video file, and it will open in the associated program?
In general an operating system setting, for example in Windows 7 using 'Default Programs' in the Start menu or Control Panel...

In XnViewMP also directly accessible from Tools > Settings... > Integration -- Integration -- 'Run the File association(s) tool...
gouache

Post by gouache »

cday wrote: In general an operating system setting, for example in Windows 7 using 'Default Programs' in the Start menu or Control Panel...

In XnViewMP also directly accessible from Tools > Settings... > Integration -- Integration -- 'Run the File association(s) tool...
Sorry, I meant double clicking something in XNViewMP Browser, not Windows Explorer? At the moment if I double click in XNView MP browser, it just opens in XNViewMP, but I don't want that for videos.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

gouache wrote:... I meant double clicking something in XNViewMP Browser, not Windows Explorer? At the moment if I double click in XNView MP browser, it just opens in XNViewMP, but I don't want that for videos.
I don't see a way to configure a double-click to open a file in the associated program.

It seems to be possible to open a file in the associated program from the browser using F3, if that would meet your needs...

[That doesn't seem to be listed in Tools > Settings... > Interface as a browser shortcut; see also the right-click context menu 'Open with...' options.]
gouache

Post by gouache »

cday wrote: I don't see a way to configure a double-click to open a file in the associated program.
It's strange as it is possible in XNView, it seems an omission really, I'll put in suggestions.
cday wrote: It seems to be possible to open a file in the associated program from the browser using F3, if that would meet your needs...

[That doesn't seem to be listed in Tools > Settings... > Interface as a browser shortcut; see also the right-click context menu 'Open with...' options.]
Thanks, that's preferable for now.