Plugins

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30220
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Plugins

Post by xnview » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am

Plugins (must be in 'Plugins' directory)

- HEIF format x32 bits and x64 bits
- XPackRAW by Márcio Pais
Pierre.

User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1491
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by m.Th. » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:09 am

it will be shipped with the next version?
m. Th.

The Ascetic Experience - The best photos and texts from Holy Mountain (Athos)

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 0.90 64bit & XnView 2.00 x64 on Win7 x64 -

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30220
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by xnview » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:19 pm

m.Th. wrote:it will be shipped with the next version?
no, currently patents are not clear
Pierre.

User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1491
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by m.Th. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:49 am

m. Th.

The Ascetic Experience - The best photos and texts from Holy Mountain (Athos)

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 0.90 64bit & XnView 2.00 x64 on Win7 x64 -

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30220
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by xnview » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 pm

yes but they pay perhaps the patent ;)
Pierre.

joro_abv
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:57 am

Re: Plugins

Post by joro_abv » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:58 am

Any chance of getting windows explorer thumbnails previews somehow ?

c400
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: Plugins

Post by c400 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:29 pm

A fresh update is available https://github.com/nokiatech/heif

any plans to update the plugin?

User avatar
Tschens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:38 am
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by Tschens » Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 pm

xnview wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am
Plugins (must be in 'Plugins' directory)

- HEIF format x32 bits and x64 bits
Should this work in Windows 10 64bit? For me, it doesnt.
Olympus OMD E-M1, BS Kinetics underwater housing, 2xSubtronic pro 60 flashes. Zuiko mFT lenses: 60 macro, 7-14, 8 mm fisheye, 14-150, Panasonic 100-300.
My Homepage | My book at Amazon

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30220
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by xnview » Mon May 14, 2018 7:54 am

Tschens wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 pm
xnview wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am
Plugins (must be in 'Plugins' directory)

- HEIF format x32 bits and x64 bits
Should this work in Windows 10 64bit? For me, it doesnt.
yes, please send me a sample that doesnt work
Pierre.

User avatar
Tschens
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:38 am
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by Tschens » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

I tried it with several .heic files I found online, for example with the free example from here:

https://www.online-convert.com/file-format/heic

I copied the heif.dll in the /plugin folder. I also tried it by moving it to the XnViewMP program folder. Both attempts failed. I am using the XnViewMP version without installer (just unzipped).
Regards,
Jens
Olympus OMD E-M1, BS Kinetics underwater housing, 2xSubtronic pro 60 flashes. Zuiko mFT lenses: 60 macro, 7-14, 8 mm fisheye, 14-150, Panasonic 100-300.
My Homepage | My book at Amazon

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30220
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by xnview » Mon May 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Tschens wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm
I tried it with several .heic files I found online, for example with the free example from here:

https://www.online-convert.com/file-format/heic

I copied the heif.dll in the /plugin folder. I also tried it by moving it to the XnViewMP program folder. Both attempts failed. I am using the XnViewMP version without installer (just unzipped).
The plugin is for HEIC from Apple not Nokia standard
Pierre.

kvoz123
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:36 am

Re: Plugins

Post by kvoz123 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:59 am

xnview wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am
Plugins (must be in 'Plugins' directory)

- HEIF format x32 bits and x64 bits
- XPackRAW by Márcio Pais
Is there any Linux version of these plugins?
Are there any plans to include them in Linux version?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 30220
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Plugins

Post by xnview » Thu May 31, 2018 7:16 am

kvoz123 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:59 am
xnview wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am
Plugins (must be in 'Plugins' directory)

- HEIF format x32 bits and x64 bits
- XPackRAW by Márcio Pais
Is there any Linux version of these plugins?
Are there any plans to include them in Linux version?
HEIf, yes i would like. PackRAW, i don't know if a linux version exists
Pierre.

arch21
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Plugins

Post by arch21 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm

I put it in Plugins folder but it doesn't appear on About->Plugins

ianas
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Re: Plugins

Post by ianas » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm

arch21 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:52 pm
I put it in Plugins folder but it doesn't appear on About->Plugins
I can confirm that it does not appear in the about-> plugins window but I did download a few test images from
https://github.com/liuziangexit/HEIF-Ut ... r/Examples
and XnView MP does open them with the heif plugin

it's not mentioned in the first post or in the plugin's readme file but this plugin is read only right there is no heic write support?
is it possible to add write support?

what about the bpg plugin if both heif and bpg are based on h265 i frames wouldn't the patent issues be the same for both of them?

Post Reply