Esc key closes Draw tool without warning

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

52Konst

Esc key closes Draw tool without warning

Post by 52Konst »

The Esc key in graphic editors is usually used to complete some operation inside the editor (for example, to complete text input and go to drawing or other menu items), but not EXIT the editor.
In XnViewMP, when you click on Esc, the editor is shut down without confirmation and the choice to Save / Not Save the changes made.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: About Exiting XnView MP Editor

Post by cday »

52Konst wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:15 pm The Esc key in graphic editors is usually used to complete some operation inside the editor (for example, to complete text input and go to drawing or other menu items), but not EXIT the editor.
In XnViewMP, when you click on Esc, the editor is shut down without confirmation and the choice to Save / Not Save the changes made.
That may be the current default action, and maybe an unusual choice, I'll take your word for it, but the effect of pressing the Escape key can be configured in:

Tools > Settings... > Interface -- Keyboard with the available options Never, Only in fullscreen and Always. :D
52Konst

Post by 52Konst »

cday wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:31 pm
52Konst wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:15 pm The Esc key in graphic editors is usually used to complete some operation inside the editor (for example, to complete text input and go to drawing or other menu items), but not EXIT the editor.
That may be the current default action, and maybe an unusual choice, I'll take your word for it, but the effect of pressing the Escape key can be configured in:

Tools > Settings... > Interface -- Keyboard with the available options Never, Only in fullscreen and Always. :D
You are responsible for setting up the XnViewMP program itself. Here I have the “Never” option.
But I wrote about shut down the Drawing Editor in program XnViewMP.
Open any image or foto by XnViewMP and press Shift-D. This will be the Drawing Editor.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

52Konst wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 pm You are responsible for setting up the XnViewMP program itself. Here I have the “Never” option.
But I wrote about shut down the Drawing Editor in program XnViewMP.
Open any image or foto by XnViewMP and press Shift-D. This will be the Drawing Editor.
Sorry about the confusion, I've amended the thread title to refer to the Draw tool.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

yes a confirmation should be asked when quitting 'Draw' tools with ESC
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Esc key closes Draw tool without warning

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.96.5. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.