Changing Time Stamp

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

dangerruss

Changing Time Stamp

Post by dangerruss »

Is it possible to change the date and not the time a picture was created? Camera was set to an incorrect date, time is okay. I am wanting to change the date but not the time on several photographs at once...

Thanks
michel038
XnThusiast

Re: Changing Time Stamp

Post by michel038 »

Yes, in the Tools > Change Timestamp dialog , select the third option, where a drop-down menu provides some dates ...
Select the one you want to use as source (exif date taken ? ) and add or subtract the number of days you need ...
Check the boxes corresponding to the fields you want to modify
Verify on the right side if you will get a correct result before applying .

Note :
"file created date" is the date the file was copied to its place.
"file modified date" is the date when the file was modified, and it is often the date when it was created (if it was not photoshopped :mrgreen: ) ...
dangerruss

Post by dangerruss »

I had lost a hard drive and a lot of pictures. I had a bunch back up on CD's but I had not kept up... not making that mistake again. Anyway, I forgot I had been saving my photos on Shutterfly. When I download those file it changed the created date to xx/xx/2022. Most of this pictures were taken in 2009 - 2014. So, I am not off by days, I am off by years too. Luckily there is a time stamp actually on the photo so I know when the picture was actually taken. I hope there is a better way to facilitate the changes I need... Thanks.
pulancho

Post by pulancho »

michel038 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:48 pm Yes, in the Tools > Change Timestamp dialog , select the third option, where a drop-down menu provides some dates ...
Select the one you want to use as source (exif date taken ? ) and add or subtract the number of days you need ...
Check the boxes corresponding to the fields you want to modify
Verify on the right side if you will get a correct result before applying .

Note :
"file created date" is the date the file was copied to its place.
"file modified date" is the date when the file was modified, and it is often the date when it was created (if it was not photoshopped :mrgreen: ) ...
I am using XnView 1.5.3 on MacOS 13.5.1. I cannot find this option in Tools. Has it been moved to another location?

I have a few photos that were taken with the camera date set wrong so I want to fix them.
user0
XnThusiast

Post by user0 »

pulancho wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:26 am Has it been moved to another location?
its in Browser's Metadata menu
pulancho

Post by pulancho »

Thank you!
Andymo

Post by Andymo »

Hello,
I have a similar problem. I just want to change the current recording time manually. I always have to be very careful not to accidentally change the date.
Sometimes I use MS Photos for this. I use the times in the file name.
(And Total Commander for renaming and correcting the many different filename formats.)

Regards