[v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Moderator: xnview

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48714
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2026 8:22 pm The saturation of the JPG file shown in the comparison is false. On the phone it is brighter/stronger than WEBP and PNG.
i don't have same CRC with previous 'T1JPG DisplayP3gamutSRGB files', do you use them?
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by Kadet »

I'm still using the same files since I created it 5 days ago. Now looking at the CRCs provided on Mobi, I see that they are completely different than on Win11. I don't know what this means.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48714
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2026 7:06 pm I'm still using the same files since I created it 5 days ago. Now looking at the CRCs provided on Mobi, I see that they are completely different than on Win11. I don't know what this means.
sorry but i'm lost. Why do you have a different screenshot from XnView desktop with these 4 files? (one correct and one with desaturated display)
The CRC on your files is different...
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by Kadet »

This second collection of 4 compared files on XnPC compares fullscreen screenshots taken on a mobile (files linked on Google drive). This was to show the differences in saturation that I see on Mobile. Just in case you saw it differently on your computers.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48714
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 3:42 pm This second collection of 4 compared files on XnPC compares fullscreen screenshots taken on a mobile (files linked on Google drive). This was to show the differences in saturation that I see on Mobile. Just in case you saw it differently on your computers.
Please check with v40, there was some icc profile problem when converting files...
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by Kadet »

In v40 still in full screen is wrong saturation.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48714
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 5:06 pm In v40 still in full screen is wrong saturation.
I can't reproduce on my Android 13 with your "T1JPG DisplayP3gamutSRGB files", and i've tried on Android 16 but can't too. In fullscreen the 4 files are displayed in the same way.
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by Kadet »

My phone is OLED HDR with 1000 nit max.
If you have an HDR screen too, try seeing these images in Google Photo. On my phone, the source image is initially a bit pale, but after a while it brightens and becomes more colorful. It doesn't do this with WEB and PNG copies, although I see you copy ICC profiles there.
In the Gallery app, realme immediately has the appropriate saturation and also shows the “ProXDR” information. It does not show this info with WEBP and PNG copies, and the images are a little paler.

Maybe you are not copying all the information from the image metadata. Take a look at this lead.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48714
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:54 pm My phone is OLED HDR with 1000 nit max.
If you have an HDR screen too, try seeing these images in Google Photo.
Not a HDR screen. Which phone do you have. The jpeg contains a gain map that i can't use when converting in webp/png/jpegxl
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by Kadet »

Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation

Post by Kadet »

xnview wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 2:08 pm Not a HDR screen. Which phone do you have. The jpeg contains a gain map that i can't use when converting in webp/png/jpegxl
But this means that changing the size, codec, cropping is pointless. For photos of this type, these functions are useless, which is supposed to be the strength of your application.

I understand this may be difficult to do, but it's not impossible. I guess that's the thing about programming; you can do anything, but some topics take a lot of time.