Hi everyone. Hi Pierre.
I’ve discovered something amazing (especially for those who cull RAW files), and I have a request: please add the ability to toggle this option using a keyboard shortcut.
The feature in question is "Gamma Correction" in the settings; it acts as a real-time "shadow boost," allowing you to brighten image previews on the fly while browsing. It’s brilliant for underexposed shots, backlit photos, or situations where you need to examine shadow details or check if people have their eyes open, for example.
I have always problem with culling photos like this, and manual exposure correction for each photo is not the solution. But this "Gamma Correction" is great for this.
There is just one small detail I’d like to see improved. Currently, the function is buried in the settings, so I’m begging for the ability to assign it to a keyboard shortcut (on/off) and possibility to add it as a button on the toolbar.
It really is a fantastic feature.
Attachement.
Shortcut for Gamma Correction (quick real-time shadow boost for previews)
Moderator: xnview
-
eye2eye
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:08 pm
Shortcut for Gamma Correction (quick real-time shadow boost for previews)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.