Please add a shortcut command to repeat the last executed action/command.
For example, when applying a filter like Gaussian blur, you have to open the filter dialog, browse to the filter, adjust the filter size, then execute the filter. If I want to repeat the same action, I have to go through the whole process again.
A definable keyboard shortcut that would repeat the last executed action in just one step would ease the process and expedite image editing tremendously. The idea is to expand on the "undo/redo" concept and have a "[undo|redo]/repeat" system.
In my example, the repeat_action shortcut would re-select the Gaussian filter, set the last selected filter size and execute the filter on the current image or selected image area.
I know we have the concept of presets, but these are limited to preserve a static setting only. For example, I can configure a shortcut to call the Gaussian filter, but always only with the same filter size value. A repeat_action shortcut would would recall the last used command with its last used parameters, each time individually.
Thinking this idea further:
The user would be able to save presets containing chained actions, similar to a macro functionality, that you can find in certain applications like audio editors, text editors, and spreadsheet editors.
Add a shortcut to repeat the last executed action
Moderator: xnview
-
xnviewfriend
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2025 7:38 pm