When resizing the XnView MP window with the mouse, various problems occur repeatedly.
When trying to resize the window , the following issues may occur:
The window sometimes cannot be resized horizontally at all
Sometimes the window suddenly becomes extremely small and can no longer be enlarged horizontally
In some cases, the window jumps completely off the desktop and is no longer visible.
The window may also behave unpredictably when trying to resize it by dragging one of its edges or corners.
The problem occurs repeatedly when manually resizing the window with the mouse.
The behavior is inconsistent and does not always occur in exactly the same way.
XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
Moderators: xnview, Dreamer
-
Pinin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 am
XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
Last edited by Pinin on Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48705
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
what do you have in Settings>Viewer>Zoom?
-
Pinin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 am
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
only XnView MP 1.12.1 and XnView MP 1.12 have this problem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48705
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
i'm not able to reproduce on ubuntu 26. do you have this problem too when only browser is opened?
Could you send us your xnview.ini?
same problem with clean .ini?
Could you send us your xnview.ini?
same problem with clean .ini?
-
Pinin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 am
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
resize problems sometimes window XnView MP Browser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pinin on Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48705
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
it works here with your .ini.
- If you start XnView in browser, open an image and resize?
- If you rename your xnview.ini, same problem?
- If you start XnView in browser, open an image and resize?
- If you rename your xnview.ini, same problem?
-
Pinin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 am
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
I’ve made some progress:
Yes, the error also occurs when I delete the xnview.ini file, and even when I delete all files in the configuration folder and
yes If I start XnView in the browser, open an image, and resize it, the error also occurs occasionally.
Important note:
The problem occurs when I start XnView MP in full mode and then double-click the title bar to make the window smaller.
If I start XnView MP directly as a smaller window, it works but after maximize the window the error does occur.
Yes, the error also occurs when I delete the xnview.ini file, and even when I delete all files in the configuration folder and
yes If I start XnView in the browser, open an image, and resize it, the error also occurs occasionally.
Important note:
The problem occurs when I start XnView MP in full mode and then double-click the title bar to make the window smaller.
If I start XnView MP directly as a smaller window, it works but after maximize the window the error does occur.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pinin on Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-
Pinin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 am
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
Videos:
On the third launch of XnView, at the end of the video 0:36 ,
the image disappears from the desktop after I try to resize XnView MP with the mouse. It can no longer be displayed.
https://uploadnow.io/f/jG3ngZq
The next video shows that the horizontal resizing and shrinking of the window do not work. Only the vertical resizing works.
https://uploadnow.io/f/GgSFW6B
The next video shows that the horizontal resizing and shrinking of the window do not work and the window suddenly became smaller
https://uploadnow.io/f/jlk5NPS
On the third launch of XnView, at the end of the video 0:36 ,
the image disappears from the desktop after I try to resize XnView MP with the mouse. It can no longer be displayed.
https://uploadnow.io/f/jG3ngZq
The next video shows that the horizontal resizing and shrinking of the window do not work. Only the vertical resizing works.
https://uploadnow.io/f/GgSFW6B
The next video shows that the horizontal resizing and shrinking of the window do not work and the window suddenly became smaller
https://uploadnow.io/f/jlk5NPS
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48705
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
I'm able to reproduce...
if you try to start it like that is it working?
if you try to start it like that
Code: Select all
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb ./XnView xxx-
Pinin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:13 am
Re: XnView MP 1.12.1 (deb) - Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS Pro
Yes, it works with QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb. I’ve started it a few times now, and I’ll give it a more thorough test again this evening. Merci!