Delete problem since 1.11.5 upgrade

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: xnview, Dreamer

votary
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2026 11:06 am

Re: Delete problem since 1.11.5 upgrade

Post by votary »

I think I’ve finally found the cause of the problem.

It doesn’t matter what the path or folder name contains—Chinese, numbers, English, Japanese, Korean, etc. The issue seems to be related to the loading progress.

When opening a folder containing images, there is a green progress bar at the bottom right that moves from left to right, right?

If I try to cut the folder and paste it somewhere else while the progress bar is still running, I get a message saying that the “folder is in use.” I have to wait until the progress finishes before I can move the folder.

Deleting the folder seems to work the same way. If a folder contains hundreds or thousands of images and I try to delete it while the progress bar is still running, the folder cannot be successfully moved to the Recycle Bin.

I tried waiting until the green progress bar finished before deleting the folder, and the problem was resolved.

Could you please test this issue and see if you can reproduce it?

However, this also reveals another problem: on an older computer, or when there are a large number of files, it’s not practical to wait for the green progress bar to finish every time.

ACDSee and FastStone don’t have this problem.