Ante-scriptum: I did search to see if this has already been suggested and to see if this can already be done in XnView MP, but found nothing pertinent. Let me know if I missed something.
Today, XnView MP provides counts for a wide range of image aspects in the Catalog Filter.
The number of any one thing in a collection is, of course, the base data for statistics.
Would it be possible to add an image statistics function in XnView?
If so, I think that would be, first, extremely interesting for users, and second, a differentiating factor for the program (Although I don't know if there are already image viewing/management programs that furnish such a function).
In its simplest form, this could be just columns in the Catalog Filter: |Count| |% of current folder / current folder recursive / global|.
Mais ce serait dommage.
FAR more interesting would be the ability to really dive into the data.
For example:
When using zoom lens X, what is the [mean/median/mode] focal length and its [variance/standard deviation/interquartile rang] used for my landscape images taken between 2010 and 2020?
Because XnView MP can identify the lens model used for images, the focal-length used for them, the keyword "landscape" attached to them and the date they were taken on, such a question is, in theory at least, 100% answerable.
So, yeah, a sort-of mini (but user-friendly!) Excel integrated into XnView MP. I think that would be mega-cool!
As always, thanks for your consideration.
Add a statistics function
Moderator: xnview