I think that Read and Write must be on separate panel...Olivier_G wrote:But I much prefer the separate tabs for Read/Write, as one usually set 'Read' parameters once and for all, whereas 'Write' parameters will be modified more frequently -> it is more satisfying to visually separate them.
Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic
I just tried it... and modified one of my JPEG file with Set DPI X=300 Y=150:Olivier_G wrote:View>Adjust zoom if X/Y DPI are different
"I do not know any advantage of having this OFF" => Still Open...
- Image is completely broken in Viewer...
- Image is correctly displayed in Browser Fullscreen & Preview, but without X/Y adjustment...
- Image is correctly displayed in Print preview, with X/Y adjustement if Size=DPI is selected (whether Adjust X/Y Option is ON or OFF)
In almost all situations, we should have X DPI=Y DPI and this option would not make any difference. BUT there may be some exotic formats or uses where this X/Y adjustment may be useful (I haven't heard of any). If you know any, please share...
Meanwhile, the best solution is probably to:
1. leave this option alone
2. correct the 2 bugs detected (Viewer broken, Fullscreen/Preview not adjusted)
3. then, decide whether this option should be removed (always ON) or not
(nothing urgent/important here, though)