ARW (Sony Alpha RAW)

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
MapmuH
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:30 am
Location: Krakow, Poland

ARW (Sony Alpha RAW)

Post by MapmuH » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:40 pm

There is a new DSLR camera on the market: Sony A(lpha) 100 with new file format ARW. I think supporting ARW filetype would be very appreciated among Alpha owners :)

V 1.90 B5

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31894
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: ARW (Sony Alpha RAW)

Post by xnview » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:38 am

MapmuH wrote:There is a new DSLR camera on the market: Sony A(lpha) 100 with new file format ARW. I think supporting ARW filetype would be very appreciated among Alpha owners :)
Could you send me a sample?
Pierre.

MapmuH
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:30 am
Location: Krakow, Poland

Post by MapmuH » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:43 pm

Because the smallest one I owe is 6.2MB, I uploaded it here:
http://download.yousendit.com/5AFB07FF2F2BF6BB
if you have any problems with DL I can send you the same or another file by @ but files vary in size from 6.5 to 13MB.
Regards, M.

User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by Olivier_G » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:49 pm

The sample is not available anymore... :(
Does ARW works in Beta 5? (I couldn't find any sample)
Olivier

MapmuH
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:30 am
Location: Krakow, Poland

Post by MapmuH » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:41 pm

Olivier_G wrote:The sample is not available anymore... :(
Does ARW works in Beta 5? (I couldn't find any sample)
Yes, B5 is able to open ARW files although...
Embedded Sony Viewer (Image Data Converter) and for example FastStone MaxView can open ARW images much faster than XnView. The former quickly opens a file and than does some additional decompression (?) in the background - it looks much like opening progressive jpeg. The latter offers an option of opening ARW files in slightly worse quality but with fast decoding. And it is very useful.

Still if anyone is interested in ARW files, I can upload ones anywhere you wish.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31894
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:30 am

MapmuH wrote:
Olivier_G wrote:The sample is not available anymore... :(
Does ARW works in Beta 5? (I couldn't find any sample)
Yes, B5 is able to open ARW files although...
Embedded Sony Viewer (Image Data Converter) and for example FastStone MaxView can open ARW images much faster than XnView. The former quickly opens a file and than does some additional decompression (?) in the background - it looks much like opening progressive jpeg. The latter offers an option of opening ARW files in slightly worse quality but with fast decoding. And it is very useful.

Still if anyone is interested in ARW files, I can upload ones anywhere you wish.
You can choose the quality of opened RAW file in option/view/misc
Pierre.

Post Reply