Unicode Support Please

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Suren

Unicode Support Please

Post by Suren » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 am

Please can XnView Support Unicode in the future??, it is the only thing preventing me from using it fully. please support unicode. :)

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unicode Support Please

Post by xnview » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:28 pm

Suren wrote:Please can XnView Support Unicode in the future??, it is the only thing preventing me from using it fully. please support unicode. :)
Yes i make it for a future version...
Pierre.

Tomji

Post by Tomji » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:24 am

As used on newsgroups by AOL users so famously...

"me too"

agtig
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:22 pm
Location: Denmark / England

Unicode Support in XnView

Post by agtig » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:28 pm

I am one of those that miss the unicode support in XnView as well...

Is it possible to get a scope for when approx. it will be included, a year? ½ year? a few months, or so?

This scope can be both optimistical and realistical, but it would be nice to know how far down the line it is...

Thank you very much for a great program!

I need the Unicode support for pictures with Korean Characters in their filename/folders.

Regards,
Robert :D

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by xnview » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:50 am

agtig wrote:I am one of those that miss the unicode support in XnView as well...

Is it possible to get a scope for when approx. it will be included, a year? ½ year? a few months, or so?

This scope can be both optimistical and realistical, but it would be nice to know how far down the line it is...

Thank you very much for a great program!

I need the Unicode support for pictures with Korean Characters in their filename/folders.
I'll try to make unicode support before 6 months
Pierre.

User avatar
darkfader
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by darkfader » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:10 pm

I'll try to make unicode support before 6 months
What's the progress?
For now, I'll just use Bulk Rename Utility and log my changes.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by xnview » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:33 pm

darkfader wrote:
I'll try to make unicode support before 6 months
What's the progress?
For now, I'll just use Bulk Rename Utility and log my changes.
Sorry, but unicode will make too many changes, so i can't add it in next release...
Pierre.

Killua
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by Killua » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:50 am

xnview wrote:
darkfader wrote:
I'll try to make unicode support before 6 months
What's the progress?
For now, I'll just use Bulk Rename Utility and log my changes.
Sorry, but unicode will make too many changes, so i can't add it in next release...
But when will it finish? It is already one year past.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by xnview » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Killua wrote:
xnview wrote:
darkfader wrote: What's the progress?
For now, I'll just use Bulk Rename Utility and log my changes.
Sorry, but unicode will make too many changes, so i can't add it in next release...
But when will it finish? It is already one year past.
I have many others request beofre unicode support, sorry...
Pierre.

Killua
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by Killua » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:11 am

xnview wrote: I have many others request beofre unicode support, sorry...
However, is Unicode support in the Roadmap?
Because more function added, more difficult to add Unicode support to all function...

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 31747
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by xnview » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Killua wrote:
xnview wrote: I have many others request beofre unicode support, sorry...
However, is Unicode support in the Roadmap?
Because more function added, more difficult to add Unicode support to all function...
Yes, i think for the 2.0 version
Pierre.

Killua
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by Killua » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:19 am

xnview wrote:
Killua wrote:
xnview wrote: I have many others request beofre unicode support, sorry...
However, is Unicode support in the Roadmap?
Because more function added, more difficult to add Unicode support to all function...
Yes, i think for the 2.0 version
That's good news for All windows users...
But only one bad news...maybe we have to wait more one year...
As I know, Only Ashampoo Photo Commander 5 can support Unicode...
No more good choice for us...

tbsky
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Unicode Support in XnView

Post by tbsky » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 am

xnview wrote:
Killua wrote:
xnview wrote: I have many others request beofre unicode support, sorry...
However, is Unicode support in the Roadmap?
Because more function added, more difficult to add Unicode support to all function...
Yes, i think for the 2.0 version
we will buy 100 license of xvniew for unicode support. the author of irfanview
never say when will they support unicode.
we will buy this month and wait for 2.0
thanks a lot for your great work!!

nightflyer
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:41 am

Post by nightflyer » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:32 am

Unicode is a must! Hard to think what features can be more important, when the lack of this one makes work with some pictures impossible.
-=nightflyer=-

User avatar
Clo
XnThusiast
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Bordeaux, France
Contact:

Needs help…

Post by Clo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:47 pm

:arrow: nightflyer

:) Hi !
Unicode is a must! Hard to think what features can be more important, when the lack of this one makes work with some pictures impossible.
• Indeed it is ! Currently it's also the number one improvement planned for Total Commander soon.
- Switching to full Unicode support needs an almost complete rewriting of programmes…
- So, to manage that and other very important changes planned for 2.0, I guess that Pierre has to engage a trainee
(or several, it isn't that expensive in France, the one issue is to get (a) good one¦s ! Image )

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice

Post Reply