Lock "Auto image size"

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Lock "Auto image size"

Post by Dreamer »

Usually I use "Fit image to window, large only", but sometimes I need "Fit image to window width", but when I use it, it's changed back when I switch to next image. Therefore I suggest this feature:

- Lock Auto image size (shortcut ctrl+numpad *)

or/and...

- Option to remember "auto image size" when I switch to next image - reset to default value at the next xnview start.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

What about this? I have edited/improved the first post/suggestion a bit.

It's very important for me, I need to open the Options dialog, change the Auto-fit option and close Options dialog - each time I want to use "Fit image to window width" - when I use a menu, or context menu, the option is not saved and Lock zoom doesn't work the same way (I need). :(
Dreamer
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

I'm wondering if an approach similar to what was used for changing languages would be effective.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

You mean using a keyboard shortcut? Yes, it would be at least a workaround, but also a menu item is needed in the future. I'd be using only shortcut though, so if Pierre could implement it in the next version (1.92), it would be great! It would be really very useful - there are so many users with non-4:3 aspect ratio monitors now (many LCDs - 17", 19", 20", 21", 22"... have 5:4, or 16:10 AR). I hope also these users are reading this topic and they will also support this request. :wink:
Dreamer
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Hi Dreamer,
The suggestion would mean much less mouse/keyboard usage needed in such cases. I just improved my monitor (16:10 AR), and looked to see if you had posted idea first. ;)
Ex:
Auto Image Size>[Remember previous]
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

The shortcut (ctrl+numpad *) has been added already, but just few users know about it (probably), so also the menu item/option should be added in the (near) future.
Dreamer
iceknight

Post by iceknight »

Dreamer wrote:The shortcut (ctrl+numpad *) has been added already, but just few users know about it (probably), so also the menu item/option should be added in the (near) future.
Hey there, this has always been a problem for me since I use laptops a lot. There is no numberpad. Is there a way to enter the program to change this function to some unused letter on a normal keyboard?

The "fit lock" has always been very needed. Also I did not understand why "Auto Image Size > Fit image to window" is restricted to "large" only! Having it fit ALL would make much more sense. - I understand there would be some pixelation of smaller pictures, but this would be the solution for me and the poster of this thread.

Thanks.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

You can change any shortcut in XnView with HotkeyP, more here:

How to change, or/and create new keyboard shortcuts
Dreamer
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Dreamer wrote:The shortcut (ctrl+numpad *) has been added already, but just few users know about it (probably), so also the menu item/option should be added in the (near) future.
This good feature needs announcing/listing also.