XnView browser crashes

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Blowfish64

XnView browser crashes

Post by Blowfish64 »

When I try to start XnView browser via shell extension it shows the image for a split second and then immediately grays out and windows says that the program has stopped working. I get no further details than that. Any idea how to fix?

Vista 64-bit.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnView browser crashes

Post by xnview »

You means 'Browse with XnView'?? And if you start xnview, and go this folder?
Pierre.
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

Yes, browse with xnview crashes, but if I start xnview itself and then go to that folder it works fine. Just seems to be browse mode that isn't working.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Blowfish64 wrote:Yes, browse with xnview crashes, but if I start xnview itself and then go to that folder it works fine. Just seems to be browse mode that isn't working.
Could you try with 1.98 beta 1?
Pierre.
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

Ok, will give it a shot. In addition, did you ever have any luck with getting the browser to properly display .pspimage files? Currently it only displays the background layer. It would make this program nearly perfect for me if this finally was working.
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

It doesn't freaking work. This is really infuriating. Could you at least include a logging system so you can fix the problem? I even tried this on a brand new install of Windows 7 64-bit and it gives me the same bullshit. This shell-extension program is simply not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Here is the error info:

Faulting application name: xnview.exe, version: 1.98.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d78c51b
Faulting module name: xnview.exe, version: 1.98.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d78c51b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001bc0f6
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Blowfish64 wrote:It doesn't freaking work. This is really infuriating. Could you at least include a logging system so you can fix the problem? I even tried this on a brand new install of Windows 7 64-bit and it gives me the same bullshit. This shell-extension program is simply not compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. Please fix this as soon as possible.
You means XnView Shell Ex or XnView??
You try to browse with XnView on a folder with only pictures? jpeg?
Pierre.
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

I go to a folder with only images. I right-click on one and tell it to view with xnview. xnview opens, then crashes a second later. If I open xnview, go to that folder and open the file, no problems.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Which shell extension was being used, 64 or 32 bit (in case that makes the difference)?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Blowfish64 wrote:I go to a folder with only images. I right-click on one and tell it to view with xnview. xnview opens, then crashes a second later. If I open xnview, go to that folder and open the file, no problems.
Could you try with the 1.98 beta 2?
Pierre.
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

So I think I've figured out the problem maybe. The files I try to view are usually on the network drive, and for whatever reason that drive always marks them with a hidden attribute. I realized that xnview works on the files on my own harddrive so I thought maybe it was a network thing. But when I manually took the hidden attribute off one of the files on the network drive, it worked there too. Is there some issue about not being able to work with hidden files?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Blowfish64 wrote:So I think I've figured out the problem maybe. The files I try to view are usually on the network drive, and for whatever reason that drive always marks them with a hidden attribute. I realized that xnview works on the files on my own harddrive so I thought maybe it was a network thing. But when I manually took the hidden attribute off one of the files on the network drive, it worked there too. Is there some issue about not being able to work with hidden files?
i'll check this problem with hidden attribute...
Pierre.
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

Hey Pierre,
Any luck on this?

Also, any luck fixing pspimage files?
Blowfish64

Post by Blowfish64 »

Hey,

Any update?