Choose Folder thumbnails request

Moderator: xnview

Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by Kadet »

xnview wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 5:57 am
Kadet wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2026 7:44 pm It's works ok only for Albums view.
And not for?
Not for Bookmarks and Folders.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48727
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by xnview »

Please check v41
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by Kadet »

xnview wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 9:17 amPlease check v41
Sorry, not correct in Folders.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48727
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 11:31 am Sorry, not correct in Folders.
I'm not able to reproduce, here it works for Folders. I've tried by cleaning cache, and the same.
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by Kadet »

xnview wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 12:48 pm
Kadet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 11:31 am Sorry, not correct in Folders.
I'm not able to reproduce, here it works for Folders. I've tried by cleaning cache, and the same.
Sorry, I forgot to clear the data.
After cleaning it is fine.

And yet no. All I had to do was crop one image and a new one was created, and the problem returned.
However, it is not the new image that is a miniature, but a completely different, still the same image from the subway.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48727
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:23 pm And yet no. All I had to do was crop one image and a new one was created, and the problem returned.
However, it is not the new image that is a miniature, but a completely different, still the same image from the subway.
Which files do you have in this folder, and which one is used?
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by Kadet »

xnview wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:47 pm Which files do you have in this folder, and which one is used?
This is a test folder. In it, I created a smaller file with the name “__cover.jpg”, so it should be the first one, as it works in other folders.
Appears a photo from the subway, but I don't know which one, because I have several types of them for saturation tests.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48727
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 2:01 pm This is a test folder. In it, I created a smaller file with the name “__cover.jpg”, so it should be the first one, as it works in other folders.
Appears a photo from the subway, but I don't know which one, because I have several types of them for saturation tests.
could you try to reproduce with a clean folder, or send me your folder, i'm not able to reproduce...
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by Kadet »

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48727
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by xnview »

Kadet wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2026 8:22 pm Test Folder:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mL-5Lu ... drive_link
Ok, i can reproduce. Please check v45
Kadet
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm

Re: Choose Folder thumbnails request

Post by Kadet »

Now is ok in v45 :)