i don't have same CRC with previous 'T1JPG DisplayP3gamutSRGB files', do you use them?Kadet wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2026 8:22 pm The saturation of the JPG file shown in the comparison is false. On the phone it is brighter/stronger than WEBP and PNG.
[v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
Moderator: xnview
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48714
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
-
Kadet
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
I'm still using the same files since I created it 5 days ago. Now looking at the CRCs provided on Mobi, I see that they are completely different than on Win11. I don't know what this means.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48714
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
sorry but i'm lost. Why do you have a different screenshot from XnView desktop with these 4 files? (one correct and one with desaturated display)Kadet wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2026 7:06 pm I'm still using the same files since I created it 5 days ago. Now looking at the CRCs provided on Mobi, I see that they are completely different than on Win11. I don't know what this means.
The CRC on your files is different...
-
Kadet
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
This second collection of 4 compared files on XnPC compares fullscreen screenshots taken on a mobile (files linked on Google drive). This was to show the differences in saturation that I see on Mobile. Just in case you saw it differently on your computers.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48714
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
Please check with v40, there was some icc profile problem when converting files...Kadet wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2026 3:42 pm This second collection of 4 compared files on XnPC compares fullscreen screenshots taken on a mobile (files linked on Google drive). This was to show the differences in saturation that I see on Mobile. Just in case you saw it differently on your computers.
-
Kadet
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
In v40 still in full screen is wrong saturation.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48714
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
I can't reproduce on my Android 13 with your "T1JPG DisplayP3gamutSRGB files", and i've tried on Android 16 but can't too. In fullscreen the 4 files are displayed in the same way.
-
Kadet
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
My phone is OLED HDR with 1000 nit max.
If you have an HDR screen too, try seeing these images in Google Photo. On my phone, the source image is initially a bit pale, but after a while it brightens and becomes more colorful. It doesn't do this with WEB and PNG copies, although I see you copy ICC profiles there.
In the Gallery app, realme immediately has the appropriate saturation and also shows the “ProXDR” information. It does not show this info with WEBP and PNG copies, and the images are a little paler.
Maybe you are not copying all the information from the image metadata. Take a look at this lead.
If you have an HDR screen too, try seeing these images in Google Photo. On my phone, the source image is initially a bit pale, but after a while it brightens and becomes more colorful. It doesn't do this with WEB and PNG copies, although I see you copy ICC profiles there.
In the Gallery app, realme immediately has the appropriate saturation and also shows the “ProXDR” information. It does not show this info with WEBP and PNG copies, and the images are a little paler.
Maybe you are not copying all the information from the image metadata. Take a look at this lead.
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48714
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
Not a HDR screen. Which phone do you have. The jpeg contains a gain map that i can't use when converting in webp/png/jpegxlKadet wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 1:54 pm My phone is OLED HDR with 1000 nit max.
If you have an HDR screen too, try seeing these images in Google Photo.
-
Kadet
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm
-
Kadet
- Posts: 457
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:23 pm
Re: [v34] FullScreen bug - bad saturation
But this means that changing the size, codec, cropping is pointless. For photos of this type, these functions are useless, which is supposed to be the strength of your application.xnview wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 2:08 pm Not a HDR screen. Which phone do you have. The jpeg contains a gain map that i can't use when converting in webp/png/jpegxl
I understand this may be difficult to do, but it's not impossible. I guess that's the thing about programming; you can do anything, but some topics take a lot of time.