Frequently XnView refuses to open large PNGs.
- - Open Browser
- Show Preview-Preview
- Navigate to folder containing a "new" large PNG
- Wait for XnView to build the thumbnail
- Navigate (in the file list) to the thumbnail
- XnView blinks, preview does not display
- Attempt to open or full screen the PNG
- XnView blinks and does not open or view the PNG
- - Close XnView
- Reopen XnView
- Repeat above steps
- PNG previews and opens normally
At first I thought the bug was related to PNG file size and had (by trial and error) narrowed the problem down to PNGS > 107Mb. However, today XnView refused (at first) to open a 26Mb PNG that is 15k x 5k, so perhaps it has to do with the PNGs' dimensions, instead.
My system: XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM, 3 Gb swap
I understand it may be a memory request/managment issue, but XnView should at least tell me why it refuses to open a file. Something like: "Unable to open file. Memory needed ??Mb, available ??Mb."
Just an aside: Picasa has no problem opening the problematic images.
V 1.90 RC2