"Find similar files" - how to use it?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

"Find similar files" - how to use it?

Post by Peter2 »

I tried the function "Find similar files" - and no matter which method I'm using (name, data, picture) - I get always the same result: "No files found".

At the end I copied "a.wmf" to "b.wmf" and "c.wmf" in the same directory - no results.

What is wrong?

Peter
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36798
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: "Find similar files" - how to use it?

Post by xnview »

Peter2 wrote:I tried the function "Find similar files" - and no matter which method I'm using (name, data, picture) - I get always the same result: "No files found".

At the end I copied "a.wmf" to "b.wmf" and "c.wmf" in the same directory - no results.

What is wrong?
You have added a folder?
Pierre.
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: "Find similar files" - how to use it?

Post by Peter2 »

xnview wrote:You have added a folder?
Yes - of course. I started in the directory, removed and added it again - no results.

Is there a limitation on special filetypes? I have wmf, sld (AutoCAD) and dwg.

Peter
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36798
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: "Find similar files" - how to use it?

Post by xnview »

Peter2 wrote:
xnview wrote:You have added a folder?
Yes - of course. I started in the directory, removed and added it again - no results.

Is there a limitation on special filetypes? I have wmf, sld (AutoCAD) and dwg.
Oh, yes works only with picture files
Pierre.
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Re: "Find similar files" - how to use it?

Post by Peter2 »

Pierre, what are "picture files"? Raster data Itif, jpg, bmp)? WMF is also a "picture", but vector ..

Peter

PS: This function is missing in Online-help.
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36798
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: "Find similar files" - how to use it?

Post by xnview »

Peter2 wrote:Pierre, what are "picture files"? Raster data Itif, jpg, bmp)? WMF is also a "picture", but vector ..
I means raster data...
Pierre.
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Post by Peter2 »

Thank you.

Peter
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Post by Peter2 »

Sorry - I tried again:

one directory with 1300 tifs and 107 MB

"Same file data" - after half a second: No files found.
"Similar picture" (similarity 54) - after half a second: No files found.

I copied "a.tif" to "b.tif" - No files found.

:?: :?: :?:

Peter
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36798
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Post by xnview »

Peter2 wrote:Sorry - I tried again:

one directory with 1300 tifs and 107 MB

"Same file data" - after half a second: No files found.
"Similar picture" (similarity 54) - after half a second: No files found.

I copied "a.tif" to "b.tif" - No files found.
Strange, i've tested with jpeg & tiff, it works correctly.
Could you send me your a.tif to check?
Pierre.
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Post by Peter2 »

xnview wrote:[...Could you send me your a.tif to check?
I sent it now.

Peter
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10
User avatar
Peter2
XnThusiast
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:07 pm
Location: CH

Post by Peter2 »

Peter2 wrote:.."Same file data" - after half a second: No files found.
Fixed in Version 1.91.5, October 5, 2007:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=13573

Peter2 wrote:.."Similar picture" (similarity 54) - after half a second: No files found.
Works not on B&W-Pictures.

Peter
XnView 2.50.2 German, Win 10