Incorrect displaying in "real size"

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: helmut, XnTriq, xnview

Orictes

Incorrect displaying in "real size"

Post by Orictes »

JPEGs from Nikon D90 in full resolution 4288x2848 are displayed incorrectly when I use "real size" - they are larger instead and I have to set size 70 % to view them correctly in real size.
Anika

Re: Incorrect displaying in "real size"

Post by Anika »

I can confirm this bug for all pictures. The picture is resized to 133%, but only with the menu item "real size" (and the key combination) not with the icon button.
Anika
XnView 2.04, 2.13 Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 64bit
helmut

Post by helmut »

"View > Real size" is new to me and I'm just guessing:

"Real size" considers the DPI setting, whereas "Zoom 100%" zooms the image to 100%.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Orictes wrote:JPEGs from Nikon D90 in full resolution 4288x2848 are displayed incorrectly when I use "real size" - they are larger instead and I have to set size 70 % to view them correctly in real size.
Could you send me a sample?
Pierre.
Orictes

Post by Orictes »

Hi, I found that this is problem for all JPEG's files, even TIFF. Real size is not zoom 100%. But the strange thing is, that real size is available only in fullscreen, not in window. Even when I go to fullscreen again, the real size is not available any more. Another thing is, that I display file in real size, zoom is not working properly after it. 100 and 150 % is the same and oter sizes work in a strange way. What is the "real size" exactly for? Is there any difference between real size and zoom 100%?
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

I divided width by DPI. The result equaled the dimensions of image on screen measured in inches. I have no printer, so couldn't hold paper-copy over screen.
Orictes

Post by Orictes »

Marsh: It's rather confusing and completely useless. The displayed size is different on each monitor (19", 22", 24"...) and in each resolution.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

Orictes wrote:Marsh: It's rather confusing and completely useless. The displayed size is different on each monitor (19", 22", 24"...) and in each resolution.
It will be a 'surreal size' if image doesn't include the needed information used in printing (Pixel per inch or DPI- as seen in file properties). There is similar function at Viewer menu>Edit>Set Selection size>[13 x 10] (here too, it is not 13 pixels- but 13cm).
Last edited by marsh on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Orictes wrote:Marsh: It's rather confusing and completely useless. The displayed size is different on each monitor (19", 22", 24"...) and in each resolution.
"Real size" use DPI of picture and screen
Pierre.