RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Locked
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by helmut »

Note: This topic was split from discussion in topic "RC3: Several Tabs for one image"

When activating the option General > "One view per picture", only one window should be opened for each image. This does not work: When clicking on an image in browser (e.g. "blubber.jpg") it opens. When switching back to browser without closing "blubber.jpg" and double-clicking on thumbnail, again, another window will be opened for "blubber.jpg".

My guess is that this is broken in all Release Candidates 1-3.

XnView 1.80 <x>
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Post by marsh »

The option seems to do nothing in v.1.74 also.
Olive
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Marseille
Contact:

Post by Olive »

This is done by unchecking "Only one view opened" in Options>View ;)
Last edited by Olive on Mon May 30, 2005 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34369
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:Note: This topic was split from discussion in topic "RC3: Several Tabs for one image"

When activating the option General > "One view per picture", only one window should be opened for each image. This does not work: When clicking on an image in browser (e.g. "blubber.jpg") it opens. When switching back to browser without closing "blubber.jpg" and double-clicking on thumbnail, again, another window will be opened for "blubber.jpg".

My guess is that this is broken in all Release Candidates 1-3.
No, this option has never works like this. "One view per picture" is only to open one edit view window for all pictures.
Pierre.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:No, this option has never works like this. "One view per picture" is only to open one edit view window for all pictures.
There's two options:

1. View > Only one view opened
2. General > Open a window per Picture

Option 1. ensures that always only one view is opened. But what does option 2. do?

I think there's a real need for opening only one window per image, using that option would solve this issue. Or did I get something wrong?
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34369
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:No, this option has never works like this. "One view per picture" is only to open one edit view window for all pictures.
There's two options:

1. View > Only one view opened
2. General > Open a window per Picture

Option 1. ensures that always only one view is opened. But what does option 2. do?

I think there's a real need for opening only one window per image, using that option would solve this issue. Or did I get something wrong?
When you select more than 1 file, if this option is enabled, so a view window per file is opened
Pierre.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:No, this option has never works like this. "One view per picture" is only to open one edit view window for all pictures.
There's two options:

1. View > Only one view opened
2. General > Open a window per Picture

Option 1. ensures that always only one view is opened. But what does option 2. do?

I think there's a real need for opening only one window per image, using that option would solve this issue. Or did I get something wrong?
When you select more than 1 file, if this option is enabled, so a view window per file is opened
I understand now. I think this option shouldn't be in "General" but "Browser". So a clear but very long name would be "Open multiple views if multiple images are selected".
A bit shorter: "Open one view per selected image".

Still I think there is a need for the option "Only one view for each image".
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 34369
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by xnview »

helmut wrote:So a clear but very long name would be "Open multiple views if multiple images are selected".
A bit shorter: "Open one view per selected image".
Ok
Pierre.
Danny
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by Danny »

helmut wrote:
xnview wrote:
helmut wrote:There's two options:

1. View > Only one view opened
2. General > Open a window per Picture

Option 1. ensures that always only one view is opened. But what does option 2. do?

I think there's a real need for opening only one window per image, using that option would solve this issue. Or did I get something wrong?
When you select more than 1 file, if this option is enabled, so a view window per file is opened
I understand now. I think this option shouldn't be in "General" but "Browser". So a clear but very long name would be "Open multiple views if multiple images are selected".
A bit shorter: "Open one view per selected image".

Still I think there is a need for the option "Only one view for each image".
Isn't that what "1. View > Only one view opened" does?

Maybe "views" should be called "tabs", too, as in "Open multiple tabs for multiple files" or "Open each file in it's own tab" or "Open multiple files in multiple tabs" since we now have tabs.

Anyway, i agree on moving this setting to the browser section.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by helmut »

Danny wrote:Isn't that what "1. View > Only one view opened" does?

Maybe "views" should be called "tabs", too, as in "Open multiple tabs for multiple files" or "Open each file in it's own tab" or "Open multiple files in multiple tabs" since we now have tabs.
For those people that do not use Tabs this naming would be confusing. So we better stick to 'view' or 'window'.[/quote]
Danny wrote:Anyway, i agree on moving this setting to the browser section.
Good.

Note:
Moved this report back to solved since I see no answer regarding the requested option "Only one view for each image".
Danny
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Re: RC3: Option 'One view per picture" broken

Post by Danny »

helmut wrote:For those people that do not use Tabs this naming would be confusing. So we better stick to 'view' or 'window'.
Can you even deactivate them? I can't find an option to completely deactivate them. Why would you anyway? It's much better with them since you can always access all opened windows with one mouse click.

P.S.: Try de-maximizing (don't know the word for the button - the one between minimize and close) the browser window while having the browser and one or more image/s opened in tabs -> a messed up browser.
Locked