REQ: Transitions also to Quick Slide Show as option

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

REQ: Transitions also to Quick Slide Show as option

Post by Dreamer »

Could you add Transition effects also to Quick Slide Show as option please.
Last edited by Dreamer on Mon May 30, 2005 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: REQ: Transition effects also to Quick Slide Show as opti

Post by helmut »

Dreamer wrote:Could you add Transition effects also to Quick Slide Show as option please.
Yes. It's important that it comes with an option, since some people might like effect for normal Slide show, but not like them for Quick Slide show.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Post by Dreamer »

Maybe also an option in the context menu and different actions for hotkeys, e.g.:

- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show ... Space
- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show with transitions ... Pause
Danny
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Post by Danny »

Dreamer wrote:Maybe also an option in the context menu and different actions for hotkeys, e.g.:

- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show ... Space
- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show with transitions ... Pause
Veto.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Post by Dreamer »

Danny wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Maybe also an option in the context menu and different actions for hotkeys, e.g.:

- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show ... Space
- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show with transitions ... Pause
Veto.
Why?
Danny
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Post by Danny »

Dreamer wrote:
Danny wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Maybe also an option in the context menu and different actions for hotkeys, e.g.:

- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show ... Space
- Start/Stop Quick Slide Show with transitions ... Pause
Veto.
Why?
1. The context menus are bloated already
2. I want to use the pause key for quick slide shows without transitions since that's how i'm used to do it from ACDSee.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm

Post by Dreamer »

OK so maybe an option:

[x] Use Transition effects in Quick Slide Show with Pause key

- is disabled - as now, if enabled - user could use Space-without, Pause-with transitions

And one key-e.g. Ctrl+Space to always use transitions - without option.

or

- Use Transition effects in Quick Slide Show with:
(o) no key (or another-new-e.g. Ctrl+Space)
( ) Space
( ) Pause
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 36878
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: REQ: Transition effects also to Quick Slide Show as opti

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:Could you add Transition effects also to Quick Slide Show as option please.
Yes, but not in 1.80, sorry
Pierre.
Physitux
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by Physitux »

Perhaps a simple cross fading in 1.96? It would be great to have this option not only within quick slide show but also in normal view mode.
User avatar
JohnFredC
XnThusiast
Posts: 2010
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: Sarasota Florida

Post by JohnFredC »

Perhaps a simple cross fading in 1.96? It would be great to have this option not only within quick slide show but also in normal view mode.
Support!
John
Wolfgang.Hagemann
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Wolfgang.Hagemann »

I would appreciate a variable crossfade time as option for all fullcreen modes very much.
This is the last thing I miss in this great software.
Just add fields to input milliseconds in fullscreen options an quick show options.
Zero = no crossfade = default.
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

More reasons than visual

Post by marsh »

Wolfgang.Hagemann wrote:I would appreciate a variable crossfade time as option for all fullcreen modes very much.
This is the last thing I miss in this great software.
Just add fields to input milliseconds in fullscreen options an quick show options.
Zero = no crossfade = default.
I think it would also provide a useful way to navigate images- by holding a key down (reducing stress of pressing them repeatedly).
User avatar
oops66
XnThusiast
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:17 am
Location: France

Re: REQ: Transitions also to Quick Slide Show as option

Post by oops66 »

Dreamer wrote:Could you add Transition effects also to Quick Slide Show as option please.
and
the variable crossfade time as option
+1, I support both. ( because Crossfading Transition effects is my favorite effect)
I think it would also provide a useful way to navigate images- by holding a key down (reducing stress of pressing them repeatedly).
You also can easily use the bistable key behavior function "Pause-Attn" in full screen mode (middle mouse clique on thumbnails) or view mode(double left mouse clique on thumbs), or during the quick slide show, to start or stop this Quick Slide Show. (& Options\View\Misc.\ delay & directions custom setting)

For me, it will be very interesting to have a new option too, into the quick slide show (but also into the normal slide show) to show the same image in two times, the first time as "Options\Fullscreen\Fit Image to window, large only" during few seconds(delay1=1000ms) to show the full image, and then in a second time, the same image during few seconds too(delay2=15000ms), but with "Options\Fullscreen\Fit Image to window height", to produce a kind of zoom effect but mostly to also avoid the unsightly black areas.
Because my images are now mostly under the ratio 3:2 (the "new" standard) and my LCD monitor (at the default standard) 4:3. (probably also useful with 16:9 LCD monitor)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
marsh
XnThusiast
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 6:31 am

Second look effect

Post by marsh »

oops66 wrote: For me, it will be very interesting to have a new option too, into the quick slide show (but also into the normal slide show) to show the same image in two times, the first time as "Options\Fullscreen\Fit Image to window, large only" during few seconds(delay1=1000ms) to show the full image, and then in a second time, the same image during few seconds too(delay2=15000ms), but with "Options\Fullscreen\Fit Image to window height", to produce a kind of zoom effect but mostly to also avoid the unsightly black areas.
Because my images are now mostly under the ratio 3:2 (the "new" standard) and my LCD monitor (at the default standard) 4:3. (probably also useful with 16:9 LCD monitor)
A conditional secondary zoom on ones which have certain percentage of unfilled screen space might be the way to go (instead of on all of them). Such an occasional 'double-take' is something I'm sure we all do without thinking much of it.
User avatar
oops66
XnThusiast
Posts: 2004
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:17 am
Location: France

Re: Second look effect

Post by oops66 »

marsh wrote:A conditional secondary zoom on ones which have certain percentage of unfilled screen space might be the way to go (instead of on all of them). Such an occasional 'double-take' is something I'm sure we all do without thinking much of it.
Yes and no, lol :)
Into a manual mode (image by image), yes,
But not into an automatic mode if:
If your images into the related folder(s) have always the same ratio, I agree.
But in case of mixed images ratio ( like: some with 3:2=1.5 , some others with 4:3=1.3333, ...and so...) I disagree.

However, I like your conditional zoom effect (with a certain percentage) suggestion.

Maybe the best way for an automatic behavior is to declare a LCD monitor ration setting into XnView, by this way, XnView can easily calculate the right percent of zoom to apply ( to avoid the unsightly black areas ) but only if the image ratio is different of the screen ratio (usually LCD monitor= 4:3)
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64