Image redrawn several times when switching views

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Image redrawn several times when switching views

Post by Olivier_G »

When I switch from 'normal view' to 'full screen', the image seems to jump several times before being redrawn correctly:
- 2 translations upward (while removing toolbars and menu)
- last redraw (final size and position)

It does the same when switching back:
- 1 fast translation down (from full screen)
- last redraw

Is it possible to skip completely those intermediate redraws, in order to get a better handling and - more important - to probably speed up things quite a bit ?

Thank you,

Olivier
PS: XnView 1.80.1 on Windows XP+SP2
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer »

'normal view' is Viewer / View mode?

'full screen' is Fullscreen standard or lite?
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by Olivier_G »

Let's try this way:
- What I called 'normal view' is another tabbed window opened in XnView to view an image from the browser, by using Browser<>Viewer (in the switching modes). I believe it is the 'Viewer'.
- What I called 'Full Screen' is by pressing F11(Full Screen) from this "Viewer".
(I don't know what "standard"/"lite" Fullscreen relate to)

I hope this helps... :?:

Olivier
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33852
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Image redrawn several times when switching views

Post by xnview »

Olivier_G wrote:When I switch from 'normal view' to 'full screen', the image seems to jump several times before being redrawn correctly:
- 2 translations upward (while removing toolbars and menu)
- last redraw (final size and position)

It does the same when switching back:
- 1 fast translation down (from full screen)
- last redraw

Is it possible to skip completely those intermediate redraws, in order to get a better handling and - more important - to probably speed up things quite a bit ?
Yes a current issue, the fullscreen from browser is really better, i'll move this one too in view mode.
Pierre.
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by Olivier_G »

OK. I found this about "Full Screen Lite".

I understand that 'fs lite' is a solution and actually works... but it really looks like a 'cheap fix' from a logical (and/or coding) point of view.
I wonder why is the normal Viewer unable to show the image Full Screen without those intermediate redrawns?

Olivier
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33852
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

Olivier_G wrote:OK. I found this about "Full Screen Lite".

I understand that 'fs lite' is a solution and actually works... but it really looks like a 'cheap fix' from a logical (and/or coding) point of view.
I wonder why is the normal Viewer unable to show the image Full Screen without those intermediate redrawns?
Currently fullscreen from view use a MDI "fullscreen", fullscreen in browser create a new window...
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer »

Olivier_G wrote:(I don't know what "standard"/"lite" Fullscreen relate to)
Fullscreen 'standard/old' is when you press F11 in View mode
Fullscreen 'lite/new' is when you press F11 in Browser mode
User avatar
Olivier_G
XnThusiast
Posts: 1423
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by Olivier_G »

Ok. Thank you, Pierre and Dreamer, for those pieces of information.
(I just hoped that another implementation of MDI was possible, but this is obviously beyond my knowledge... :( )

Olivier
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33852
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview »

Olivier_G wrote:Ok. Thank you, Pierre and Dreamer, for those pieces of information.
(I just hoped that another implementation of MDI was possible, but this is obviously beyond my knowledge... :( )
But i use the same fullscreen feature in view or browser mode in next release..
Pierre.
Post Reply