XnViewMP 0.76.1 and Rebuilding embedded thumbnail

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Sapphire.exe

XnViewMP 0.76.1 and Rebuilding embedded thumbnail

Post by Sapphire.exe »

Hello there! I have not found any info about the bug, but when I open an image, make some changes with it (crop, filters, color corrections) and then save that new image by replacing the old image (with same path and name), nothing happens with embedded thumbnail. I should say clearly, embedded thumbnail doesn't change, remains from old image file. When I use "save as" option and then save that image with different path/name, then XnView generates new thumbnail.
In options for JPG saving the option "Rebuild embedded thumbnail" is enabled.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: XnViewMP 0.76.1 and Rebuilding embedded thumbnail

Post by xnview »

even with refresh or restart XnViewMP?
Pierre.
oops66
XnThusiast

Post by oops66 »

Sapphire.exe wrote:Hello there! I have not found any info about the bug, but when I open an image, make some changes with it (crop, filters, color corrections) and then save that new image by replacing the old image (with same path and name), nothing happens with embedded thumbnail. I should say clearly, embedded thumbnail doesn't change, remains from old image file. When I use "save as" option and then save that image with different path/name, then XnView generates new thumbnail.
In options for JPG saving the option "Rebuild embedded thumbnail" is enabled.
Hello,
Yes, Rebuilding embedded thumbnails process need to be improved, the question is automatically or manually or both as an option, or partially ?, maybe the best way is to put a visual cross (via a new database table for non updated thumbs) into each thumbnails not already updated into the browser mode, and an option to update only these thumbs automatically or manually ???
XnViewMP Linux X64 - Debian - X64
Sapphire.exe

Post by Sapphire.exe »

xnview, yes, even with these actions. I also tried both x86 and x64 editions, the result was the same.

oops66, if I understand, what you mean, then... I just tried to use batch converting with same options (crop, save in same directory, replace old file, JPG) and now it works. Thumbnail generates correctly. But not in case, when I use the saving option manually.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

on windows?
Pierre.
Sapphire.exe

Post by Sapphire.exe »

Yes. On Windows 10 (X64, Pro, En). :)
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Sapphire.exe wrote:Yes. On Windows 10 (X64, Pro, En). :)
do you use the setting to keep the file date?
Pierre.
Sapphire.exe

Post by Sapphire.exe »

Yes, I used this option. I found this option and then disabled it. Now it works! Thank you, now everything's ok.
(XnViewMP and XnView have different save dialog window, and I didn't even think about keep file date option because I didn't find it).