OS: Windows 10 - 64bit
When sorting thumbnails in the file list of the browser manually, this custom sort is stored in a hidden file ".XnViewSort" in the current folder. In the file list this file .XnViewSort is not listed after activating "Show hidden files & folder".
Effect: Irritating/misleading user interface
1. Open XnView browser
2. Browse a folder with several images
3. Drag the images and thus create a custom sort order.
4. Select Tools » Settings | Browser » File list | File list and check "Show hidden files & folders"
5. Close settings with "OK" button
Actual behaviour (bug): You will see your image files but not the file .XnViewSort.
Expected behaviour: All hidden files should be displayed.
- descript.ion files are also hidden files of XnView and are displayed.
- I consider this as a bug as XnView behaves in an unexpected/inconsistent way. If a user wants to copy the image files and the custom sort he/she cannot use XnView for copying.
- Perhaps there could be a special setting for unhiding .XnViewSort and descript.ion file but that would be a suggestion that has to be discussed.