Fullscreen: Navigation with left-right mouse button

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView MP

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

HanVroon
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 am

Fullscreen: Navigation with left-right mouse button

Post by HanVroon »

Hello all,

In XnView classic there was an option to enable navigation in Fullscreen with the left and right mouse button.
This was in Options, View, Fullscreen.
So an options just when in Fullscreen mode, not global.

I used to turn that option on sometimes when viewing photos with several people and the mouse would be close to me and the keyboard further away.
In all other situations the general options set in Interface, tab Mouse, should remain as configured.
So just a toggle option for Fullscreen mode would be nice to have back.

Best regards,
Han
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Fullscreen: Enable navigation with left-right mouse butt

Post by m.Th. »

You have the playbar in the middle-bottom part of the full-screen. You have there 3 buttons: Back one, Play, Forward one. You can click on them.

You can enable it via Tools | Settings | FullScreen - check "Show Playbar"

Also you can configure the Mouse wheel for this: Tools | Settings | Interface | Mouse - Mouse Wheel choose Prev/Next file.

Ok, Pierre can add to Left Button an option called "Prev File" and to the Right Button an option called "Next File"
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 0.93.3 64bit & XnView 2.00 x64 on Win10 x64 -
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Fullscreen: Enable navigation with left-right mouse butt

Post by helmut »

HanVroon wrote:In XnView classic there was an option to enable navigation in Fullscreen with the left and right mouse button.
This was in Options, View, Fullscreen.
So an options just when in Fullscreen mode, not global. ...
+1 (I've just added this to the list of missing features compared to XnView Classic.)
HanVroon
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Fullscreen: Navigation with left-right mouse button

Post by HanVroon »

Besides the sections categories, rating and other database stuff in XnViewMP I could rate myself as "XnThusiast", so I know about the playbar.
My suggestion would be for those who want a clean fullscreen view without anything on it, not even temporary while the pointer is moved, like the playbar.
Personally I don't like mouse wheel press options. With certain mouses it is hard to press the wheel without also scrolling a little, so in this case perhaps zooming when configured. But that's a personal matter.
Assigning options to the left and right button would make it global, this suggestion goes for Fullscreen only.
So I would go for the addition of the setting to View, Fullscreen.
areimunde
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: Fullscreen: Navigation with left-right mouse button

Post by areimunde »

HanVroon wrote:Besides the sections categories, rating and other database stuff in XnViewMP I could rate myself as "XnThusiast", so I know about the playbar.
My suggestion would be for those who want a clean fullscreen view without anything on it, not even temporary while the pointer is moved, like the playbar.
Personally I don't like mouse wheel press options. With certain mouses it is hard to press the wheel without also scrolling a little, so in this case perhaps zooming when configured. But that's a personal matter.
Assigning options to the left and right button would make it global, this suggestion goes for Fullscreen only.
So I would go for the addition of the setting to View, Fullscreen.
Why not using mouse wheel without pressing on it... i do navigate through images while in full view with just moving the wheel which is very convenient.
HanVroon
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Fullscreen: Navigation with left-right mouse button

Post by HanVroon »

Because that eliminates the possibility to zoom in/out with the wheel while in Fulls screen mode.
areimunde
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Re: Fullscreen: Navigation with left-right mouse button

Post by areimunde »

HanVroon wrote:Because that eliminates the possibility to zoom in/out with the wheel while in Fulls screen mode.
True. However if Pierre adds the possibility of using a key modifier for zooming (i.e. crtl ) you could use both...

See post viewtopic.php?f=60&t=34188