[Fixed] Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico

Bugs and Issues in 1.82 Test versions which have been fixed and verified as resolved.

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Locked
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

[Fixed] Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico

Post by Dreamer »

Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico file in Viewer.

More info:

AppName: xnview.exe AppVer: 1.82.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0000a258
Last edited by Dreamer on Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 33911
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico file

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico file in Viewer.

More info:

AppName: xnview.exe AppVer: 1.82.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0000a258
Strange, do you have the version (Nov 1 2005)??
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico file

Post by Dreamer »

xnview wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Another crash, when I switch to any multipage ico file in Viewer.

More info:

AppName: xnview.exe AppVer: 1.82.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0000a258
Strange, do you have the version (Nov 1 2005)??
Fixed in v1.82 Nov 1 2005. :)
Roytam1

Post by Roytam1 »

crash revisited.

Code: Select all

AppName: xnview.exe	 AppVer: 1.82.0.0	 ModName: xnview.exe
ModVer: 1.82.0.0	 Offset: 000c7c13

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005	Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000	Address: 0x00000000004c7c13
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer »

Roytam1 wrote:crash revisited.

Code: Select all

AppName: xnview.exe	 AppVer: 1.82.0.0	 ModName: xnview.exe
ModVer: 1.82.0.0	 Offset: 000c7c13

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005	Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000	Address: 0x00000000004c7c13
In v1.82 Nov 1 2005?
Roytam1

Post by Roytam1 »

Dreamer wrote:
Roytam1 wrote:crash revisited.

Code: Select all

AppName: xnview.exe	 AppVer: 1.82.0.0	 ModName: xnview.exe
ModVer: 1.82.0.0	 Offset: 000c7c13

Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005	Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000	Address: 0x00000000004c7c13
In v1.82 Nov 1 2005?
yes.
User avatar
Clo
XnThusiast
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Bordeaux, France
Contact:

Sample ?

Post by Clo »

:arrow: Roytam1

:) Hello !

- I use the same Alpha and I can't reproduce this crash under XP-Pro.
- Which multi-page icon(s) are you testing ? Mine is one I built with XnView 1.80.3. under Win 98 SE a while ago…

- Maybe could you provide us a file-sample, 'cause the file itself could be out the norms (or damaged) ?

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
Roytam1

Re: Sample ?

Post by Roytam1 »

Clo wrote::arrow: Roytam1

:) Hello !

- I use the same Alpha and I can't reproduce this crash under XP-Pro.
- Which multi-page icon(s) are you testing ? Mine is one I built with XnView 1.80.3. under Win 98 SE a while ago…

- Maybe could you provide us a file-sample, 'cause the file itself could be out the norms (or damaged) ?

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Oops. It should be in Thumbnail mode but not in icon mode.
Icon mode works gracefully in Nov 1 build.
Sorry.
It crashes when going to parent folder in Thumbnail mode.
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Sample ?

Post by Dreamer »

Roytam1 wrote:Oops. It should be in Thumbnail mode but not in icon mode.
Icon mode works gracefully in Nov 1 build.
Sorry.
It crashes when going to parent folder in Thumbnail mode.
It's another (known) bug.
User avatar
Clo
XnThusiast
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:57 am
Location: Bordeaux, France
Contact:

Same

Post by Clo »

:arrow: Roytam1

:) Hello !

- Coming back to the parent folder and even to the drive-root in the browser doesn't crash here…

:mrgreen: Kind regards
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8219
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Post by helmut »

The issue is known, but the problem itself still persists, right?
(The "[Fixed]" in the topic title is a bit irritating, this is why I'm asking).
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer »

helmut wrote:The issue is known, but the problem itself still persists, right?
(The "[Fixed]" in the topic title is a bit irritating, this is why I'm asking).
This topic is for "switch from one image to another in viewer = crash" - this bug has been fixed, therefore "[Fixed]".

There is another bug "Crash when browsing in thumbnails mode, with "4 images&" - NOT fixed.
Locked