No, it is not fixed in 0.96
To reproduce, follow these steps:
* Double click an image thumbnail to open image viewer tab
* Press "I" to show info-overlay
* Press "F11" to enter full screen mode
* Info is still showing at this point
* Press "F11" to exit full screen mode
* Info disappears
* Must press "I" again to show info.
It should simply behave as follows (elaborating on my inital post):
Press "I" to show and always show info in tab view and full screen view even when toggling fullsreen on/off, closing tabs, opening new tabs, just always always show that info. Press "I" again to deliberately hide info, no matter if in tab view, full screen, closing tabs, open new tabs, etc., Info should no longer show.
Just like a light switch on the wall: On/Off.
There is no need for the new option added.