renaming issues

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

loth

renaming issues

Post by loth » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:42 pm

hi all,

first:
i moved to a new flat and are not connected to the holy internet. (for now)
so i cannot research the forum for articles which may be doublettes of my following posts.
i'm commiting the following posts from a place, where i can't research the forum as long as i could do from home :-)
so please excuse any "doublettes", if so.

renaming issues:

in the rename window (reproduce: F2 in fullscreen mode):

1) the max. filename-lengh a user could rename a file is: 1234567890A1234567890B1234567890C1234567890.jpg
please make the rename-window bigger/larger to view/rename to longer filenames

2) if the rename-window is open, the xnview-task is hidden via alt-tab (reproduce: F2 in fullscreen mode, then alt-tab)

3) a pulldown-menu with the last renamed files would be help-/useful.
please add such a thing ;-) so the user can choose filenames from older renaming sessions

4) if pressing F2 and just press enter (without entering anything new), a error comes up: error renaming the file.
this should not be so

in browser mode:

1) press F2 on a thumb, change the name (don't press enter or click), press alt-tab (go to any task but xnview), press alt-tab (go back to xnview task ): what happened to the rename dialog?

2) (say, the browserwindow has 5 thumbnail-rows and i want to rename a file in the last row) when i try to rename a thumb with a very long name in the last row, xnview doesnt show the full filename, after pressing F2, but cuts everything below the statusbar (from the filename).
loth

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Re: renaming issues

Post by Dreamer » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:13 am

loth wrote:renaming issues:

in the rename window (reproduce: F2 in fullscreen mode):

1) the max. filename-lengh a user could rename a file is: 1234567890A1234567890B1234567890C1234567890.jpg
please make the rename-window bigger/larger to view/rename to longer filenames

Duplicate - a known bug (fixed in new alpha version).

2) if the rename-window is open, the xnview-task is hidden via alt-tab (reproduce: F2 in fullscreen mode, then alt-tab)

Confirmed, a bug :bugconfirmed: , only in "Browser Fullscreen".

3) a pulldown-menu with the last renamed files would be help-/useful.
please add such a thing ;-) so the user can choose filenames from older renaming sessions

Probably already requested, if not, please start a new topic.

4) if pressing F2 and just press enter (without entering anything new), a error comes up: error renaming the file.
this should not be so

Confirmed, a bug :bugconfirmed: , in View, FS and Browser FS mode.

in browser mode:

1) press F2 on a thumb, change the name (don't press enter or click), press alt-tab (go to any task but xnview), press alt-tab (go back to xnview task ): what happened to the rename dialog?

Confirmed, name is changed, but it's the same as in explorer. But - also focus is missing (up/down keys doesn't work).

xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:23 pm

loth wrote: 2) if the rename-window is open, the xnview-task is hidden via alt-tab (reproduce: F2 in fullscreen mode, then alt-tab)

How do you reproduce it??
this should not be so

Confirmed, a bug :bugconfirmed: , in View, FS and Browser FS mode.
Right a bug
Pierre.

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:30 am

xnview wrote:
loth wrote: 2) if the rename-window is open, the xnview-task is hidden via alt-tab (reproduce: F2 in fullscreen mode, then alt-tab)

How do you reproduce it??
- go to FS lite
- F2
- alt+tab
- alt+tab (hold)
= xnview is missing