Screen Capture

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

josedumoretzsohn
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:13 am

Screen Capture

Post by josedumoretzsohn »

XNview MP's (Screen) Capture dialog should contain, like in XNview Classic, a field indicating a folder where to automatically save the captures, so that, if we want to keep them, we do not have to save them one by one. Thank you. Attached a photo of XNview Classic Capture dialog.
XNview Classic - [attachment=0]XNview Classic - Capture Dialog.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

I think that a more general „Destination:” would be much better:

(x) Open in editor.
( ) Save to folder [______________________] [...]
( ) Open in draw module

The last one will open the image in editor and after this will open the draw module immediately.

Also, add an optional checkbox saying:

[ ] Bring XnView in front.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

Of course, we're missing the OBVIOUS:

Another option in „Destination”:
( ) Put into clipboard

It is missing!!
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 44030
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Screen Capture

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 44030
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Screen Capture

Post by xnview »

m.Th. wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:32 pm Of course, we're missing the OBVIOUS:

Another option in „Destination”:
( ) Put into clipboard

It is missing!!
you have 'Copy in clipboard' in options
Pierre.
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

xnview wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:40 pm
m.Th. wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:32 pm Of course, we're missing the OBVIOUS:

Another option in „Destination”:
( ) Put into clipboard

It is missing!!
you have 'Copy in clipboard' in options
Yes, my fault - sorry!
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
SwoxOps
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:47 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by SwoxOps »

Thanks for the help, guys. Now I guess I'm about to replace the recorder with another app. Actually, I have an inbuilt recorder as I use Windows 10, but it doesn't have enough functions I'd like it to have. I guess I'll try Movavi Recorder. Here's the link for it https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/how-to-do-screen-capture-in-windows10.html. Actually, I've already tried it, and the free version is enough for me. Maybe I'll consider buying a premium movavi, but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I love the features it has. Now I can really enjoy editing my youtube videos. But I guess I'll still use XnView for my photos. That's how it works for me. I hope I've helped you.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 44030
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Screen Capture

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 1.01. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

Bug!

If we choose ( ) „Save in folder” then the file is saved as (for example)

20220818_1334jpg

but it should be saved as (in the same example):

20220818_1334.jpg

You forgot a dot! :-) ...for the extension.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 44030
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Screen Capture

Post by xnview »

m.Th. wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 am You forgot a dot! :-) ...for the extension.
Houps, :bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 44030
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Screen Capture

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 1.02. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

xnview wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:50 pm This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 1.02. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
The „dot problem” is fixed, but „Save to file” has a BIG problem: If we make screenshots quick enough - faster than one second, I think - (for example if we save various rectangles from the screen) then the output files get overwritten because of the same filename, most probably.

Please add a counter at each file name which at the begining of the program will be 1 and it will be incremented at each Screen Capture file save.
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

...also if we are here, besides
( ) Open in Editor
( ) Save to folder
( ) Open in draw

please add:

( ) Do nothing

Yes!! :-)

Because sometimes we need just to copy the image to clipboard. :-D
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
User avatar
m.Th.
XnThusiast
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:31 am

Re: Screen Capture

Post by m.Th. »

m.Th. wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:55 pm
xnview wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:50 pm This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 1.02. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
The „dot problem” is fixed, but „Save to file” has a BIG problem: If we make screenshots quick enough - faster than one second, I think - (for example if we save various rectangles from the screen) then the output files get overwritten because of the same filename, most probably.

Please add a counter at each file name which at the begining of the program will be 1 and it will be incremented at each Screen Capture file save.
Was Bitten by this - can you fix it?
m. Th.

- Dark Themed XnViewMP 1.7.1 64bit on Win11 x64 -
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 44030
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Screen Capture

Post by xnview »

m.Th. wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:20 am
m.Th. wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:55 pm
xnview wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:50 pm This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 1.02. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
The „dot problem” is fixed, but „Save to file” has a BIG problem: If we make screenshots quick enough - faster than one second, I think - (for example if we save various rectangles from the screen) then the output files get overwritten because of the same filename, most probably.

Please add a counter at each file name which at the begining of the program will be 1 and it will be incremented at each Screen Capture file save.
Was Bitten by this - can you fix it?
:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.