Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Post by Dreamer » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:38 am

Just another try...

Link to original topic - Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Original topic text:
Add border / outline and opacity also to Fullscreen and Slideshow Information text.

This feature is already in xnview, so I think it could be easy to "add". It would be very nice to have it also there (for everyday use).

Black background is not nice and without background is the text often unreadable...

Also custom colour for the text would be nice.

Image
XnView 1.82 <x>
Last edited by Dreamer on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 32251
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Post by xnview » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:07 pm

Dreamer wrote:Just another try...

Link to original topic - Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Original topic text:
Add border / outline and opacity also to Fullscreen and Slideshow Information text.

This feature is already in xnview, so I think it could be easy to "add". It would be very nice to have it also there (for everyday use).

Black background is not nice and without background is the text often unreadable...

Also custom colour for the text would be nice.
Ok, but in thie version :-)
Pierre.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Post by Dreamer » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:24 am

xnview wrote:Ok, but in thie version :-)
Sorry, I don't understand. :?

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 32251
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Outline and Opacity also for Fullscreen/Slideshow

Post by xnview » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:42 am

Dreamer wrote:
xnview wrote:Ok, but in thie version :-)
Sorry, I don't understand. :?
Sorry :-)) 'Ok, but not in this version', i have a problem with my fingers
Pierre.

User avatar
VuDu
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: Estarreja, Portugal

Post by VuDu » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:18 pm

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=16045#16045
|VooDoo| wrote: - Could it be added a shadow/glow/stroke/(whatever...) effect to the Information because the opaque background covers a lot of important Image space. It should work like movies' subtitles with transparent background or simple shadow, outer glow or small stroke.
that sure would come handy ;)
Image
Ad decus et ad libertatem nati sumus
Aut haec teneamus aut cum dignitate moriamur

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:07 am

|VooDoo| wrote:http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=16045#16045
|VooDoo| wrote: - Could it be added a shadow/glow/stroke/(whatever...) effect to the Information because the opaque background covers a lot of important Image space. It should work like movies' subtitles with transparent background or simple shadow, outer glow or small stroke.
that sure would come handy ;)
Thanks for your support, but this topic is just for beta and possibly will be deleted...

Please add your support to original topic, thanks.

User avatar
Dreamer
XnThusiast
Posts: 4605
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Slovakia

Post by Dreamer » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:18 am

Pierre, just one more question - what about "custom colour for the text" only, in this version? It should be easy to implement, I'd like to have just all standard (RGB) colours, the same as for background. Now I can choose just 16 colors. If not possible, never mind.

Xyzzy
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Poland

Post by Xyzzy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Pierre, can this last feature make it into 1.82 or Postponed?

X.

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 32251
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Post by xnview » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:46 am

Xyzzy wrote:Pierre, can this last feature make it into 1.82 or Postponed?
Postponed please
Pierre.

Post Reply