[V45] - Conversion - Multitasking - [fixed]

Moderator: xnview

User avatar
masterjp
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

[V45] - Conversion - Multitasking - [fixed]

Post by masterjp »

I tested the conversion of around 5.000 jpeg picture files.
They get resized and saved as jpeg file again.

I wanted to do something else within the time of conversion and did a task switch to another app (e.g. Internet browser).
After 10-20 seconds I switched back to xnview and want to see the status of the picture conversion.
The xnview has stopped the process and I see the startscreen (in my case the album view) again.

I recognized the same behaviour of a stopping conversion process after the screen off starts( e.g. 30 seconds).
Xnview stopped all runing process and load the startscreen.

Is it possible to make xnview more stable to prevent a closing conversion process?
Last edited by masterjp on Thu Aug 27, 2026 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PC: Intel 8700k + Asus Z370-F + 48 GB RAM Corsair+G.Skill + Asus RTX 3050 OC
OS: Windows 11 Pro 64bit 25H2 |
GFX: XnViewMP 1.11.5 | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 + Elements XXL 11
Android 8-16: Samsung S7, S10, S23, TAB S7, S11, Ugoos AM7 TV-Box
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48764
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: V45 - Conversion - Multitasking

Post by xnview »

please check v48
User avatar
masterjp
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

Re: [V45] - Conversion - Multitasking - [fixed]

Post by masterjp »

Very nice status text in notification area and very stable conversion. Thank you!
PC: Intel 8700k + Asus Z370-F + 48 GB RAM Corsair+G.Skill + Asus RTX 3050 OC
OS: Windows 11 Pro 64bit 25H2 |
GFX: XnViewMP 1.11.5 | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2024 + Elements XXL 11
Android 8-16: Samsung S7, S10, S23, TAB S7, S11, Ugoos AM7 TV-Box