Cannot Delete files from Batch Convert Browser using Window "Delete" key

Bugs which are supposed to be fixed in the next test version (not available yet)

Moderators: xnview, Dreamer

grandtreebo
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2026 3:48 pm

Cannot Delete files from Batch Convert Browser using Window "Delete" key

Post by grandtreebo »

I swear up until very recently I was able to do this! haha

I used to be able to go into a batch window and select any one file or multiple files and use my windows delete key and it would delete the files selected. That is to say it would delete the files from the batch processing.

For the last two or three versions I have not been able to do that. I open up a batch process and if I want to take out a file or two - I select it and then hit delete on my keyboard and nothing happens. I CAN use the "remove" button and that does work but something happened with the delete key and now it doesn't work. Maybe I'm missing some setting or I changed something.

Hopefully somebody can help out! I did enclose an image of what I'm talking about. It's the batch conversion screen and I've selected a file. I am unable to use my keyboard and delete key to remove that file. as I said before I can use the remove button, that does work! As I said before I can use the remove button, that does work!

I am on 1.12.1, Windows 11

Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48763
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Cannot Delete files from Batch Convert Browser using Window "Delete" key

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.